An eventful day a big thank you

23 Posts | Latest reply on 06/06/2010 23:55:24 by 6ypsy | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

As some of you may know i went for a rideout to the major oak with some of the local folk from here but as it turned out i didnt actually get the whole way Ermm   We were happily blatting along the M1 when my bike started to vibrate quite badly & the steering felt off, i pulled over quickly followed by top tailgunner jp harley, special thanks to him here for sticking his neck on the line by refusing to leave & for following me down the very narrow hard shoulder the 2 miles or so to trowel services     At first it looked like i'd picked something up off the road that had damaged the front tyre but by the time we had pulled in it was obvious that the tyre had de-laminated & stretched into all sort of interesting shapes & i wasn't going any further Unhappy appologies for some of my language   I wanted everyone to carry on as i knew i could get picked up fairly quickly but to a man (& lady) they refused point blank, good people & proper bikers one & all, thanks folks it was really appreciated Thumbs Up   pics will appear soon i suspect, ride safe & check those tyres regularly   scoobs                                                                                                                                                                                    
ace_morgan's Profile
ace_morgan

In: Hadleigh, Southe

Thats a right bugger, glad you got off the M1 safe and had some folk stick with you, true bikers as you say. 

Have you got your bike sorted out now? 

Adz :)                                                                                                                                                                             
earthwind's Profile
earthwind

In: Liverpool

yes my car died on me but my bikes ok i was stuck on the east lancs for a couple of hours but at least you had people with you                                                                                                                                                                               
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
73% Karma73% Karma 73% Karma73% Karma

We were with you in spirit, EW!Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
earthwind's Profile
earthwind

thank wills lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hi adz yes its sorted now thanks, i was lucky enough to have a spare wheel with a good tyre in the shed so fitted that as soon as i got home Big smile   I consider it a very lucky escape as a couple of hours earlier i was going a hell of a lot faster & hate to think what the result could have been then Cry                                                                                                                                                                               
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

wow eventful day all round then.  Glad you're all ok and nobody got hurt.   Take care and ride safe                                                                                                                                                                             
earthwind's Profile
earthwind

yes thats true glad you are ok                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I've uploaded a few photos from today, the tyre has to be seen to be believed.
I think this link will take you to them, if I've understood the format of profile links correctly.                                                                                                                                                                             
yamahama's Profile
yamahama

In: leicestershire

glad you got the tyre sorted. what are mates for when in need? might be a good idea to send the tyre to pirrelli to see whyit did what it did. who knows you might get a new one!
stay safe keep an eye on this tyre.

drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

Im glad you were safe as well scoob n just glad it didnt go on ya wen we were shooting up the m42, seeing is believing with the state of that tyre
Just looked at the piks of the tyre n they dont really show just how bad it were

bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

In: Birmingham

Glad you were safe scoob.                                                                                                                                                                              
Warhed's Profile
Warhed

In: London, Ruislip

Incredible. Also scary - I've not seen anything even remotely like that tyre in over 30 years of riding.                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

No worrys mate glad all worked out and you got home ok its not a nice place to be on the hard sholder when its a new restricted hard shoulder only 3ft wide and prayin nobodys doing the nodding dog                                                                                                                                                                              
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

JP as a top tail gunner !!!!!!! can think of better things to call him LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

Jeeez Scooby! that tyre's not well,  is it ??  Shocked    Glad you were ok tho and it dint cause any major blow outs etc!   Like its been said, I would contact Pirelli, you never know it could be from a bad batch and if you alert them to the fact it could save them a lot of money.. and they may even 'reward' or compensate you.   Worth a try Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
whiteairedfox's Profile
whiteairedfox

In: liverpool

Scoob glad to here all got home safely lucky escape,someone up there lucking after you                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thank you all for the concern & kind words, the truth is it hadn't hit me until much later how serious it could have been but i got away with it so will just be much more careful where tyres are concerned in future   The most annoying thing is i'm a pretty good mechanic & should have spotted trouble coming much sooner, sorry to all those who were present for messing up their day a little   scoobs                                                                                                                                                                               
drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

scoobs, no day was messed up, you spotted it in time and were safe thats the main thing !!                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

Hi scoob was your tire the correct rating for your bike
ie Z not H  rated  sound like it may have been over its speed range
or not just wondering . good job a blow on front on motoroway wasnt the end of the day blimey dont bare thinking about do it 
glad  you got it sorted bud 

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6250 seconds. There are 837 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption