MCN Launches iPhone ride tracker

18 Posts | Latest reply on 01/06/2010 17:47:04 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

For all you geeks & Gadget people out there:   MCN has created the ultimate pocket Apple iPhone application for all motorcyclists to use to track their ride. The MCN Ride Logger, which launched  this afternoon, uses the same GPS technology seen in many professional datalogger systems to record your location, speed, acceleration and braking continuously through any ride. It let’s you play back your ride simply and easily, zoom in on the map to see your given speed at any point and see a graph which tracks how you’re riding. It costs just £4.99 and is available from the Apple Store. Motorcycle News editor Marc Potter, who helped develop the MCN Ride Logger, explains: “With our App anyone can record their personal performance figures - then after a ride relive every bend, twist of the throttle or touch of the brake lever. “We’ve spent months making what we think is the best application for motorcyclists, it’s easy to use and we’ve spent days testing it to make sure we have an application that we’re all really proud of. He added: “Logging your rides quickly becomes an addiction and one that will make you want to use it on every ride. HOW IT WORKS: •See top stats for the ride – top speed and peak acceleration/braking figures (including the exact location where these figures were achieved) plus average speed, journey time and distance covered•View each journey on an enhanced Google map showing speed and acceleration/braking at any point you select•Zoom in and see how your speed/acceleration varies on your route yard by yard or second by second•View your data in an expandable graph view – just like on a pro data logging system•Add a range of background info to each ride, including your own personal ride rating plus details of your bike, tyres and weather conditions•Build up a fascinating library of every journey you make on your bike•Share with your friends the basic stats of each ride on Facebook or via email                                                                                                                                                                                 
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

Build up a fascinating library of every journey you make on your bike Facinating? I think not.Geek    Share with your friends the basic stats of each ride on Facebook or via email   Please don't Geek                                                                                                                                                                             
DG99's Profile
DG99

In: Nottingham

'•See top stats for the ride – top speed and peak acceleration/braking figures (including the exact location where these figures were achieved) plus average speed, journey time and distance covered'

Ermmmmmm no officer I wasn't doing 135 on that A road, my iPhone must be broken.

I don't think so, talk about admission of guilt with the proof to have you convicted as well.

Thumbs Down

Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

The thing is, you can get all that info from a lot of the newer satnags aswell. At least if it's on your phone, the cops can't demand that you show them your iPhone (if you have one) & then demand to see what apps you have on said phone just in case one of them records stats for your ride.   I doubt very much if the cops have that power to view any data you have in personal devices anyway. The only thing where you would come unstuck is if you DID post it on FB etc (public domain places) - same as when they catch people posting daft things up on YouTube                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

you say that but a japanese fella got banned and sent down few years back for having vidio footage of him driving slightly quicker than he oughta  if they can do that then can use the iphone logging to nail you too  im sure                                                                                                                                                                              
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

yeah - but where did they get hold of that video footage from though WN?..ie had he posted it somewhere or did they just nab his camera off him when they stopped him?   The thing is - the phone is in your pocket or under your seat or in a tank bag - as far as I know they can't do a body search of ya or your things just for stopping ya for speeding? (well not yet anyway lol )                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

hmmm true  the silly bugger did post it on line some where !  still cant see the piont of it though   but then i cant use an MP3 player either  dont know where to put the tape ?  LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

The thing is - the phone is in your pocket or under your seat or in a tank bag - as far as I know they can't do a body search of ya or your things just for stopping ya for speeding? (well not yet anyway lol )

Yes they can, if they "suspect" you of carrying an offensive weapon or carrying drugs, they can make you empty your pockets or search the car or bike, even if they stopped you for speeding originally.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

LOL ... megga geek alert !                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

but they couldn't use the data against you anyhow!  An iphone isn't calibrated and tested to specific standards to enable prosecution.  Maybe you fiddled the stats when you posted to Facebook to make urself look "cool".   Either way, it's totally not acceptable in court even if they do check your iPhone.                                                                                                                                                                             
yamahama's Profile
yamahama

In: leicestershire

what about data logging on your bike?                                                                                                                                                                              
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
64% Karma64% Karma 64% Karma64% Karma

Think your wrong Mat. it the source of the information and not what it's displayed on that has to be to standards, satellites should qualify                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe

Well i've got to say i'm pickin me new bike up Sat morning and I'll be logging the journey home Wink

Nice one Stella Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Mind you take care RK Thumbs Up   Ref. the i-phone...if you ride sensibly what is there to worry about.... or is that being too simplistic ???                                                                                                                                                                             
nawe's Profile
nawe

In: winsford chesh

exactly vfr.. as sensible folks we all adhere to speed limits at all times.. so prosecution will never be an issue!!!!  Shocked   i can't understand what all you folks have been going on about. Confused   LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
VFRbabe's Profile
VFRbabe

In: Skye

Next time you get stopped on suspicion of speeding, tell the officer you have body parts and a shotgun in your rucksack. When dog teams, firearms unit, helicopters etc arrive, exclaim in surprise "The lying bastard! Bet he told you that I was speeding too!!"
Warhed's Profile
Warhed

In: London, Ruislip

Clever. I reckon there's nothing the police would like more than to be able to track every motorist, their speed, location, etc. etc. at all times and here we have people voluntarily - enthusiastically even - paving the way to help them with just that!

I suspect that this is probably just the thin end of the wedge. It will only be a matter of time before the police press for (and as is often the case, get) whatever powers they need that that they currently lack to check your i-whatever against your wishes (on reflection, I suspect they can probably already do it using existing 'anti-terror' laws) - and of course, it will also only be a matter of time before something like it has to be fitted to all vehicles by law (tamper proof, of course) whether you like/want it or not. A similar (mandatory) system was debated a while ago but the technology wasn't up to it at the time...
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Our IT manager was just showing me this at work this morning, he'd had his GSXR1000 out at the weekend ............ whoops Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6250 seconds. There are 445 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption