MCE INSURANCE robbing barstewards!!!!!

39 Posts | Latest reply on 30/06/2010 12:59:27 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

sure that's  not legal though mate, they have to give you a refund! I would put a big envelope in the post every day!  Actually, I'd post a big empty box if possible (can you do reverse charge with that?).   Oh, and get your bank to claim back the payment if possible.   Still no reply from MCE, don't think they care about their customers.   Maybe we should start a page of companies to be avoided!                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi Canyou, 

As Matt says it's illegal not to refund you no matter how small the amount! Write to the insurance ombudsman mate Thumbs Up

Matt I think starting a page of dodgy companies is deffo a good idea Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Rattay's Profile
Rattay

In: Bedworth
16% Karma16% Karma 16% Karma16% Karma

These dozy scumbags haven't even got the sense to go for damage limitation to appease a disgruntled biker.   They obviously think the nasty taste will go away if they bury their heads up their ar*e and pretend nothing is happening.   We have news for you;   Rip off merchants will no longer be tolerated by the biking community MCE!   Regards - The Rat                                                                                                                                                                               
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

In: Hull
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

Was shopping around for a quote for a mates trike thursday, I recommended Footman James as I always do, they said sorry they do not have an underwriter for a trike so gave me a numbers, they inturn put me through to yes you guessed it! MCE!!!!!   Gave em all details, till they asked what I'd already been quoted I said i'm not playing that game just quote me their best price if they beat it I'd give em the buisness, and the mates car renewals up too so dangled that little carrot!   Would not give me a price there and then giving poor excuses as to why not! Said they would call back within 24 hours erm still waitinggggggggggg                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

still no email from them either.   What a completely ridiculous insurance company!   Just trying to figure out where on the site I can put a new section                                                                                                                                                                             
Wheelienice's Profile
Wheelienice

In: Redditch worc

I also had a qoute from MCE  for my trke, as I could not give them the reg [ was waitng for DVLA] they told me it would be £238 fully comp..ok good stuff, yes carry on. when I got the reg ,and after days of trying to get them on the phone. they told me because it is a Q reg, the insurance has now been changed.  now the offer is £425 and third party only.i told em to stick it  where the sun don't shine. lucky for me had not paid them  a penny, but the phone calls mounted up.......   so am still lookng for a good insurance for Q reg trike.........HELP                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

Carol Nash are good if you've got experience and NCB, otherwise they're crap also                                                                                                                                                                             
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

In: Hull
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

I've been trying to shop around for my mate and Trike insurance is not easy to find but Bike Sure gets mentioned over and over again. If you are a MAG member they give discounts to you too!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Can confirm that eBike worked out cheapest for me too, the only problem I had was them saying they hadn't received copies of licences which had been sent by recorded delivery twice and I eventually had to fax through at £1 a page!  Will be moving soon so we'll see if I get charged for that.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

To be fair they were the only people that would insure me for the thou
but i recently got a garage to do all my work in and store the bikes and
it seems that storing my bike in the garage won't affect my premium
one bit if the same postcode and everything. In fact it would have cost
me a £35 admin fee to get my address of the bike changed ludicrious.

Fuzzy
(Unimpressed)
thehairyone's Profile
thehairyone

In: Boston

I got my "Motorcycle Rider" mag the other day (BMF members mag) it seems that the BMF is is getting into bed with this lot, given the comments here, I shall be writing to them, the BMF and advising them that they are not doing their members any favours. maybe time to support MAG instead.
Wheelienice's Profile
Wheelienice

In: Redditch worc

Thanks Hull rider, have just joined MAG will give them a ringThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

thehairyone, i've received their first response this morning telling me they are carrying out a full investigation so it'll be interesting to see if or how they resolve this Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Cataraptor's Profile
Cataraptor

In: Redditch

Like thehairyone I received my copy of Motorcycle Rider. Having worked for the BMF in the past, I am concerned by all the ballyhoo about their 'partnership' with MCE. However seeing the patronising way in which they answer any criticisms in the letters page, I doubt whether they'll take any notice of such concerns. They've made some bad decisions in the last few years and I suspect they don't know what they're getting into - again! I've been a member since 1984 and after this, I too may be considering MAG membership instead. 
laimdan's Profile
laimdan

In: Manchester

on sunday at mallory park i was aproached by a very nice young mce rep all though it was a nice day the poor girl must of been a bit cold as she needed to get very close to me and the mce uniform was so skimpy she had to suport her breasts with the end of her Epad while asking me questions errr cant remember the questions or the answers i gave but a BIG welldone to mce worth every bit of RKs money i thought
Rattay's Profile
Rattay

In: Bedworth
16% Karma16% Karma 16% Karma16% Karma

He He - Like it!   I just had a look through my bike insurance to see if I was covered while abroad.   Although I'm covered through kgmotor policies at Lloyds apparently it is through MCE!!!!! and I had joined in, in the slagging off on this thread!   The scheme is quoted as,  MCE KGM FC EDI (KGMB)   Nice for them not to muddy the waters with acronyms   WTF?                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

Thanks for that bluejeans, you've just reminded me I've still received no refund and no word. I'll call the lying b*****ds now Angry

My policy was cancelled in May and they still haven't refunded me!!

What a shower of sh*te!!!!!!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I told Carole Nash , upon my renewal, that I'd fitted a 3 degree raked wideglide front end and had 18" wheels built to take radial tyres, amongst other modifications .... the premium came down by £30 ???? With all the extras they give as standard, I think I'll stick with them :)
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

It pays to shop about would be my advice, my renewal for my sv came through at £500 fully comp ... Bikesure did it for £144

just had same with car, swinton £720 ... Hastings direct £380 big differences in both and I get better cover with the 2 new ones!!!

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6719 seconds. There are 761 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption