MCE INSURANCE robbing barstewards!!!!!

39 Posts | Latest reply on 30/06/2010 12:59:27 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I renewed my policy 2 weeks ago and today was charged £85.00 as a cancellation fee because they tried to double my premium shifting from a Fazer to a ZZR. I told them to shove the policy where it doesn't shine.

Be warned that with MCE your policy is made up of non refundable portions such as £25 breakdown, £17.50 admin and something else that I was too angry to listen to. Apparently it's all in the small print that you're advised to read when taking out a policy.

Maybe i'm a muppet but who reads all of the small print Angry

Beware if you're with MCE and you change bikes!!                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

there all robbing bar stuards  RK but try e Bike  they seam fairly good cheap and when i changed my bike was no bother !                                                                                                                                                                              
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

Cheers Neal i'm looking for insurance now so i'll look em up Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

I've just emailed MCE about this, see what we can do for you.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Good idea Matt they won't want the bad publicity.... but they will all try to see you off....surely there is a guide line somewhere to prevent these outrageous charges...but I think after the banks winning they case against there silly over drawn charges its given all these assholes carte blanche to do as they wish.Disapprove                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

I noticed that each insurance company I enquired with (in my experience) quoted very low when it was my first quote with them then come the renewal up the price goes. So I guess change your insurance company every year to get low quotes.   One insurance company charged me £25 (admin fee) just so they could get my payment in instalments from my bank and put into their bank so I told them where to shove that idea, and paid in full instead. There was also an extra £1 charge that they couldn't explain to me, so I kicked up a stink about it supposed to be a quote not an estimate and got £25 knocked off the following years insurance lol.   I don't need insurance anymore, and I've lost my 4 yrs no claims.                                                                                                                                                                                 
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

I have to agree with Ebike, they came out not only the cheapest but also the best ... when doing the policy do it for 10,000 miles & then upgrade to unlimited  ... it made no difference to the price for me (but to start off with unlimited made a big difference), also I got free legal cover, & considering its my 1st policy & I only passed a few months ago they only gave me a £200 excess all for £144 Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

Thanks for that Matt it's very much appreciated Thumbs UpThumbs Up

And cheers for everybody elses advice. I didn't get chance to look for insurance tonight but my boss is off tomorrow so guess what I'll be doing all day tomorrow Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
feistygirl's Profile
feistygirl

In: Rochdale

My bike quotes come out pretty much the same every time but my car insurance is a whole different ball game, I end up changing every year, dead cheap the first year... silly quote for the renewal                                                                                                                                                                              
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

Just to add they've changed the finance company for installments to Close Finance and the APR is 59.9%!!! Angry

I cancelled my instalments and paid up front and now they've told me I won't see my refund for 14 days so not only have they robbed me they'll be making interest on my dosh too AngryAngry

Anyway moan over Embarrassed                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Well MCE have chance to rectify this by responding to my email.  If they help you then it will be very good for them, but if they don't then we have an audience here of 30,000 members and I will be happy to add a warning to our newsletter about extortionate hidden charges in their policies, warning all 30,000 of our UK-only bikers about them.   If you find other companies like this, please let me know and hopefully we can get these companies kicked into shape.   FYI - I found Carol Nash to be very good!  Free breakdown, legal, NCB protection, unlimited mileage etc.                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

can you put an advert for my biker friendly plumbing services matt ! lol  hav van will travile   Thumbs Up hehe                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

He's sent a great email to MCE with a link back to this thread! Thumbs UpLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

nice one Matt !    the good the bad and the steer well clear of them !                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

Well when you read this Mr. MCE bear in mind your agent told me your cheapest possible quote was over £330.00 yet your on-line quote was showing £288.00 so lying to your customers to take advantage of a situation shows no integrity whatsoever and before you blame the 'agent' he told me he was the MANAGER and yes I have his name!

Sleep well Wink

Cataraptor's Profile
Cataraptor

In: Redditch

On the run-up to renewing my insurance in March, I was getting quotes from the various insurers at the NEC and Excel Shows. MCE gave lower quotes than anyone else but I was put off by their high pressure selling tactics and their cavalier attitude to putting quotes together - forgetting about the list of modifications I gave them and even the other bikes which I wanted included. I decided to give them a wide berth and went back to Carole Nash. MCE also pulled another stroke in phoning me but hanging up before I could answer. I think the idea is to get you to call them back. There's a web site where you can check out who's doing this and it appears from some of the comments submitted that it's not an infrequent occurrence for people who have been given quotes from them.

Sorry to learn of your experience with them which confirms that I had a lucky escape. And I also had a bad experience with Swinton Bikes last year as set out in these forums so they're worth avoiding too.

RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

Cheers for that Cata, it seems from some of the comments buying insurance is still fraught with pit falls and devious selling tactics. I've just written to MCE and I'll continue slating them through every forum I can find to warn people about their underhand selling techniques.
Rob1050's Profile
Rob1050

In: Redditch

Job done RKThumbs Up   Never used MCE, but there's plenty of choice out there. They'll not be on my shortlist, next time round.   p.s. always pays to shop around. Standard tactic is a low premium for 12 months, to attract new custom, then hike the premium, hoping folk won't notice / worry.   Loyalty is not a word insurance companies seem to recognise.Unhappy                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Out of interest I just got a quote via the MCE website. £347.71!I renewed last month and it cost me £81 from eBike.Definitely one to avoid then.                                                                                                                                                                             
SPESH's Profile
SPESH

In: Rugeley In The S
7% Karma7% Karma 7% Karma7% Karma

Hi RK, soz to hear you've been ripped off. i'd give A Quote a miss aswell. Cus when I changed my bike last year they wouldn't insure my new bike, then wouldn't send me the refund cus 'its not policy to issue refunds under £75', you can imagine my reply.
But to get some payback when they asked for the cert back, I sent every sheet back in seperate big envelopes with no stamp on. royal mail would have charged them a pound plus the postage for each one. petty I know but it gave me some satisfaction Thumbs Up

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 1.2969 seconds. There are 741 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption