Ice

34 Posts | Latest reply on 26/05/2010 23:34:53 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

dose anybody on here use this idea ? apparently you put your contact details in your mobile phone under ICE ( in case of emergancy )  and the who ever finds you in a ditch or if you should fall off they look for ice and call your next of kin or spouse / mum quite a simple idea realy do they look though ? any body tried it                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

I have it in mine & my kids had it in theirs when they were in school ... ever since the London bombings when it was mentioned that they had found phones & did not know who they belonged too 

only issue for me now tho is my phone has a keypad lock on it, and if you take the sim card out that will ask for a PIN number too before you can access the info on that  ... so no one would be able to get into it if anything does happen, so I have a card in my pocket with it written on                                                                                                                                                                               
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

In: Birmingham

Yes, we had this passed on to us at work a couple of years ago.  I believe its a recognised feature by the emergency services.                                                                                                                                                                              
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

Yep.. I've been using it for a while too. I remember hearing about it and that it's recognised by the emergency services.                                                                                                                                                                                 
darkcarnival's Profile
darkcarnival

In: Blackburn
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

Yep, i use it too. Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
jabecs's Profile
jabecs

In: London

I did use it when I was married for a few years ..... ought to update it really lol ... could put my son down if he ever answred his phone lmao                                                                                                                                                                               
old red's Profile
old red

In: Norwich
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

Never heard of it before!! Damm good ideaThumbs Up..Got it in my phone now..Cheers for that info Wheely..
skinnylady's Profile
skinnylady

In: Doncaster

I use it too.   Also use Medic Alert (bracelet with medical info & 24hr phone no. on) recognised worldwide as I take meds etc   Just thought I'd add that in case there's others out there with other info that would need to be known if you were in an accident etc                                                                                                                                                                             
BOBKAT's Profile
BOBKAT

In: Burns Country

I've never heard of it either, really top idea though so will get it done and pass it on to mates etc.  thank you Star                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

I work in a university & we get all the students to do it at their induction at the start of the first year                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
59% Karma59% Karma 59% Karma59% Karma

I do it and leave my phone unlocked also carry a card but when i lost my phone no one rang to say they had found it, they just used the money on it                                                                                                                                                                             
Nick750's Profile
Nick750

In: Reading

I was told about this idea around 6 years ago,never used it thou
as have also heard that it was being used by downright dodgy folk
as a way of getting into your phone/computer to obtain other
personal info. Don't ask me how as I'm a total tecnophobe.
When I'm out on the bike I have a laminated card with all relevent
details on it.
moonstone's Profile
moonstone

In: Redditch
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

I have heard of this scheme a great idea too . I forgot to put it in my phone though so thanks for the thread WN I will put it in now !
x

JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

As a lorry driver biker and single dad I have it in my phone as for not locking your phone so thay can get the info trust me thay can get into your locked phone in mins it's a great and simple thing that saves them alot of time                                                                                                                                                                              
nawe's Profile
nawe

In: winsford chesh

never heard of it before.. but it's in my phone now.. and will spread the gospel..                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe

I've got all of my families details in my phone and my next of kin is my mother who is under the name 'MAM'. I would think anyone other than emergency services finding my phone in my pocket would know that's my mother but wouldn't know what 'ICE' means so i'll stick with 'MAM' Thumbs UpBig smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
84% Karma84% Karma 84% Karma84% Karma

Me being me have ICE , ICE 1 and ICE 2 in my fone along with Mom, Son and Sister, nothing like covering all bases me thinks lol   Good idea though and yes it is recognised by all emergency services.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

I posted about ICE bands 2 years ago and Wills mentioned the mobile phone entries     http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?to...ic_id=2342                                                                                                                                                                             
feistygirl's Profile
feistygirl

In: Rochdale

Yep I have it aswell Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Don't forget to *update all your ICE details regularly, whether they are in your mobile, on a tag, or a card in your wallet/purse. *add the date of update to the info so that emergency workers know.    My son changed his mobile phone (with new number every time) so often I had trouble keeping up lol                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8125 seconds. There are 768 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption