Appropriate riding clothing

55 Posts | Latest reply on 24/05/2010 16:37:45 by hellsgranny | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I think the only people we should be concerned about wearing proper gear is ourselves,,,,,what other people want///or not want to wear is thier choice,,,,,,unless its somebody asking for advice,,,or new to biking and needs a bit of guidance in the right direction as to what to buy etc......
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Well as the summer is here & Ian will not let me ride without armoured trousers I have decided after reading through this to get some kevlar armoured jeans tomorrow ... will let you know how they feel Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

dont worry shell,,,,we will ask Ian how they feelLOL,,,,and i am on about your jeans by the way!!!!Ouch                                                                                                                                                                             
old red's Profile
old red

In: Norwich
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

I can assure you shell they will feel great!!!Thumbs Up..Especially(god forbid!) If you happen to suffer an offBig smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Well I already have full armoured textiles, but am finding riding a bigger bike & the extra heat with it being summer I am feeling ... rather hot & uncomfortable in them so want to try the jeans & see what they are like, 

I jest when I say Ian wont let me, now I am using the bike for work, I do a lot of rush hour motorway riding ... no way would I not have full protection on                                                                                                                                                                              
Santa3644's Profile
Santa3644

In: Sidcup

I'm surprised none of you have come up with the leather chaps! they can come in handy indoors tooEvil Smile rofl x                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

does that mean we get to see pics to back that up thenLOL   cant imagine what you meanEmbarrassed                                                                                                                                                                             
dunans's Profile
dunans

In: southport

loads of vest and shorts in southport today - the most ive ever seen.makes me hope they hadnt come far. must admit i ride like that local.  cant bear leather jacket if im going to the shop or garage to fill up so i just go slow. had to ride home from brum on friday afternoon and chose uncomfortable to feel safer
Santa3644's Profile
Santa3644

would give you a pic but as you well know we are being censored lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

well,,,,we'll just use our imagination thenLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Santa3644's Profile
Santa3644

you sure you got enough of that hun?Evil Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Well even out on the ride yesterday, removed the liner from my jacket & wore the jeans I got on sat, felt lovely on the bike, not to hot glad I got them now                                                                                                                                                                              
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Saw quite a few people in what i would call daft clothes over the weekend purely because of the heat, i was frickin melting but at least i was protected                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Saturday on the M40 I passed a bandit with the pillion wearing a short skirt, trying to hold the thing down with one hand and clinging on with the other . . . unbelievable! Then today, a young lad, bare chested and wearing a rucksack . . . I wonder how the much bug hits were smarting when he got wherever he was going?!   Kevlar jeans, boots, and armoured jacket all the way for me.                                                                                                                                                                             
hellsgranny's Profile
hellsgranny

In: Halifax
10% Karma10% Karma 10% Karma10% Karma

Just to put the frightners on all those who don't wear protective bike gear . . . . The skin is sort of classed as an organ which protects you against injury, infection and fluid loss as well as temperature control to name but a few uses. If you lose a large area of skin the chances of death (often slow and painfully) are high, as in burns, and a common factor in biker deaths.  . . .  Phew  . . .medical lesson over. Was enough to get me heading for the nearest gear shop.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4688 seconds. There are 861 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption