Motorcycling

17 Posts | Latest reply on 21/05/2010 06:05:27 by Holmfirthgirl | Go to original / last post
darkcarnival's Profile
darkcarnival

In: Blackburn
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

Isnt it great??? I went for a run out yesterday afternoon with a friend up to Devils Bridge, and had a fantastic time. Its only the 6th time i've got on it this year(disgraceful i know) but what a buzz! I dont know why, but it just felt fantastic. There was none of my usual no-confidence stuff at all. I was absolutely flying! Couldnt wait for the next bend and everything! The bloke i was with had never seen me ride, so before we went i did the usual pep talk of 'i'm crap at corners and shit slow' and even surprised myself, never mind him. He was gobsmacked when we got there, said he had to try to keep up with me at some points. All this from a bloke who used to instruct, done all the courses under the sun etc. To say am proper proud of myself is an understatement. I didnt go out to try and impress, just rode to my limits. Never once did i have an 'oh shit' moment. To be told that i'm a good rider and in another few years will a 'fookin amazin rider' has made me smile for 24 hours.  Big smileIt probably seems like nowt to you lot, but to me its a major achievement!Just to show Jason my appreciation, i bought him a new plate and christened him properly with his name on his screen  Heart                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Sounds fantastic. There's no better feeling when it all goes right is there. Well done Steph Thumbs UpThumbs Up

I'll bet Jasons a bit chuffed with himself as well eh LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Nice one Dc glad you enjoyed your day sometimes it makes a big diff when you not been out for a bit you seem to forget all your worrys and just jell with the bike so good on ya be safe jp                                                                                                                                                                              
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
73% Karma73% Karma 73% Karma73% Karma

Thumbs Up

darkcarnival's Profile
darkcarnival

Jason is always a good boy Terry, looks after his mum(knows what side his bread's buttered more like). I have noticed though, that if i dont ride for a while, i sort of lose the will to get on it. But once i force myself to get out on it, i want to go out on it all the time. Maybe its just me, but since that ride i want to ride 24/7. Roll on next week is all i can say! Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I'm glad you're enjoying the bike again DC just keep at it while you feel in the mood, you can only get better with experiance Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull

Nice one Steph Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
feistygirl's Profile
feistygirl

In: Rochdale

Nice one hun xxxx  Hug                                                                                                                                                                             
darkcarnival's Profile
darkcarnival

I may just have to go for rideout tomorrow...just coz i can. Maybe try out my new britches if its warm Thumbs Up<ponders where the hell she put her knee pads>
darkcarnival's Profile
darkcarnival

Hey................I just thought of summat. I may need knee sliders soon!!!! LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

hahah..  nice one Steph! Thumbs Up You're doing really well with Jason, You'll breeze it down to Cornwall, you'll be off abroad next.. after Scotland of course!! Thumbs Up   I get like that with Ziggy.. leave it for a week or so, and think 'I can't be bothered' then get misen out on him and the 'Grin Factor' kicks in .. even tho he's only a little bike and he has his problems...I still love the feeling of riding about.    Went over to Squires last night.. on my own..met some others there, but thoroughly enjoyed the ride over.. the atmosphere ( i reckon there was around 1,000+ bikes there last night ) and the ride home, even tho there was a fatality which one of the lads we know witnessed... just  made me ride home with a bit more thought and concentration.                                                                                                                                                                                   
Alice2's Profile
Alice2

In: York
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

Pleased for you DC :>>
Confidence is contagious !!

WillPool's Profile
WillPool

In: Dumfries

DC Well done, as a rider of some 20+ years I too know what it feels like to be at one with your bike. My first experiences of a Gixxer 750 scared the living daylights out of me. Now, some years on I can keep up with most of them, have few scary moments and am very happy to lead a group. I now have a Gixxer 750 again and won't part with the thing and have no scary moments.

As for needing sliders soon, I have never been able to get my knee down but can still ride faster (on roads and tracks) than those that can.  I believe its all about your riding sstyle, so don't worry too much about getting your knee down. I get the bike well over but never had to get my knee down.

Hope your good spell lasts forever.
whiteairedfox's Profile
whiteairedfox

In: liverpool

Well done DC,nice to hear you got the bit between your teeth and went for it,greatest feeling in the world when everything goes as it should,hope you have more good days,on a slightlygloomy note,over confidence can hurt,but i am sure you are more then sensible to realise that,carry on having fun DC.
BOBKAT's Profile
BOBKAT

In: Burns Country

Go girl Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
old red's Profile
old red

In: Norwich
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

Big smileWay to go Steph! Keep it going & don,t let that confidence slipThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

Nice on Steph Thumbs Up Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5469 seconds. There are 820 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption