Karma?!?

53 Posts | Latest reply on 09/10/2010 22:07:33 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
66% Karma66% Karma 66% Karma66% Karma

i don't understand it at all, sometimes i can have lots of activity putting up posts, PMing people and people message me and the damed thing goes down than other times i seem to have little activity and it seems to go up, not logical                                                                                                                                                                             
Blackberry's Profile
Blackberry

In: Warrington
40% Karma40% Karma 40% Karma40% Karma

LOL @ Minnie As I understand it, it's all relative.  The more others do, the more you have to do to increase your karma!    Some members won't be bothered by it but for the competitive amongst us, it will drive us mad lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

It's very, very simple - and yes it's relative to the person with the HIGHEST Karma.   So, if Mr Number 1 does nothing all week, then your Karma will increase as a PERCENT as Mr Number 1's drops cos he's doing nothing.  So even just logging into the site will bump up your Karma at times like this.   Likewise, if you're posting 5 messages and Mr Number 1 posts 50 - then your Karma will go down.   How complicated is that?  lol.   Oh, and hot sunny days = busy days for bikers = busy days for Biker Match = lots of posting/events/photos = Karma boosts all over the place.... so then you'll have to keep up to get your Karma up.   Writing "LOL" in a forum post (just that) what put your Karma down   Posting a long news article in the NEWS forum helps.   Actually going to events and tagging yourself in photos helps.   Chatroom, PMs, nods, event attendance lists, LOGGING IN (!), upgrading your account, being on the "Favourites" list of others, etc etc.  That all helps, as do lots of other things.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

PS: All guys are relative to Mr Number 1.  All gals are relative to Ms Number 1.... hence Mr and Ms Number 1 both have 100% Karma.   Nobody's is relative to Mr/Mrs Number 2, 3, 4, etc.  Everyone is relative to the number 1 within their gender (the reason for that is that women talk a lot on BM - honest? lol - and so if men were relative to women then Mr Number 1 would be on about 3%.  And no that isn't a joke, seriously!                                                                                                                                                                             
Tezzzer's Profile
Tezzzer

In: South UK
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

to be honest I find the Kama thing quite annoying, blast., I guess this post will come back around and bite me on the ass                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

It's like going to a maze! It's fun and great trying to get to the end; or in our case trying to get up to 100%, but it gets soooooo difficult sometimes when we go up and down like a roller coaster! ha-ha.

Keep posating, writing, typing, clicking, smiling and we will get there! I reached 50% the other day! Smile Big Smiles!!!

Matt's Profile
Matt

your on 58% now mate!   And Karma is something you don't need to care about.   It does however give other people some reassurance that you're not just a new member of the site with no other interaction.   Safety is an important factor to people using site's like BM, and people don't want to get caught out by spammers or even worse!   So if you get a PM from someone with 0% Karma asking to meet you alone one night, tell them politely to come back later!   On the other hand, if someone with 50% Karma asks you the same thing, you know they're a valued member of the community and with so much interaction you can be assured that you're safe to meet up with them.   Plus it's a good bit of fun!  Like it or not.  If you don't like it, just ignore it and don't worry.  But remember that it's there to help and protect everyone as well as offer something for bored members of the site to do  ;-)                                                                                                                                                                             
Tezzzer's Profile
Tezzzer

In: South UK

Well I'm not that concerned about it that I'll loose sleep over it Matt, I try to be active and engaged by the site but only stay at 5% I dont want to over post and get on peoples nerves and dominate threads and the site in general.. So 5% it is                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Grrrrr!!! This Karma thing can be soooo annoying! I've just sent some PM's to people, added a few forum posts, was on the chat last night, nodded to a few people and I've gone down 3%! What a bloody joke! I'm going to give up...it's not logical!
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Matt, just cos someone has a rating above zero doesn't mean they are any 'safer' to be with, look at actdaft's posts lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

MBW, at the weekend I'll look at the "weighting" of each variable in the calculation, sometimes it needs amending (like when a new member joins, posts tons of messages and sky-rockets with their Karma.  Then I have to turn down the value of forum posts to give others a chance).                                                                                                                                                                                 
Blackberry's Profile
Blackberry

I can't get past 15%, although I'm down to 13% now.... driving me crazzzeeee Wacko   Can you throw a little 'weight' my way Matt  Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
2Tdreamin's Profile
2Tdreamin

In: Rugby

So this Karma thing is bad karma all told Matt. If you base your evaluation of a potential date on their karma level the newbie's get no attention and the old hands get hit on all the time. Surely thats gonna put both sets off. How is it affected by being blocked? The three strikes and you're out is fair enough, unless you've got blocked like I did by a woman who just couldn't be bothered to tell me she wasn't interested, but does that effect your karma? If it does then a karma hound could get up to a high percentage and just block Mr No. 1, then get two friends to block him ta dah new numero uno secure until someone else thinks of it. I worry about how my mind works sometimes coz I dont give a monkeys about my karma rating. Ermm                                                                                                                                                                             
2Tdreamin's Profile
2Tdreamin

In: Rugby

Evil Smile ooo! what would happen Brad and all you guys if we formed the keep karma kooperative, everyone contacts everyone they know, we post a kkk forum, we all do everything we need to do like a standard operating procedure for karma, we nod to everyone, we pm everyone, we all go on the chat room at the same time, then we whittle down the high karma guys and gals until we all have the same karma like kommunism. I think I need to Kalm down. Karm kool and kollected.                                                                                                                                                                                 
brad_the_impaler's Profile
brad_the_impaler

In: Saundersfoot, Pe

I like it 2T! Love a bit of Anarchy, only problem, Matt will kick our asses in a cyber fashion by deleting us and wiping any trace of our existence away, leaving us but a distant memory in the ether.....my wife says i'm melodramatic, don't know what she's on about Smile

Matt's Profile
Matt

Don't worry, your Karma cannot be knocked down by anyone.  If someone blocks you then this does not have any effect on your Karma.   To be honest I don't interact much on the site, I'm too busy with all the emails, server management, writing/fixing code etc.  I don't post so much in the forums, don't join the chatroom, don't go to events at the moment, etc...  and I can keep my Karma over the 50% mark usually.   Don't post a message in the forum saying "LOL" or this will knock you down (I mean a post ONLY saying "LOL").  Posting good quality messages helps, sending PMs to new members welcoming them to the site helps etc.  This makes you a "good" member of the community which is what Karma is to represent.  I know of at least 5 people who regularly pick out new members from the homepage (under stats) and PM them to say welcome, takes just 15 seconds to do if you can spare the time!   Karma is naturally, and will continue to be, a way for people (especially the ladies) to view if someone can be met alone or should be met at a group event.   Newbies should always try to meet members of the site at events, group meets etc rather than trying to arrange private meetings.   Like it or not, that's the way it is and will continue to be.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Karma .............. PAH!!!!

Quality not quantity is what counts, besides there are many people on here who are full members who don't post on the forums                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

it's not just the forums mate!   And it is quality as I said.  If u start posting short messages into the forums to get your Karma up then you will LOOSE Karma.   The more events you go to, photos you upload, people you contact and who contact you, etc all help.   It's not a "who posts the most in the forum" at all.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Matt said: It's not a "who posts the most in the forum" at all.   That's true, cos look how many posts I've made and then look at my karma rating. Thankfully it's gone down.   I'd sooner do without the karma ratings but I'm not competitive and having a 100% isn't going to make me popular. That would take a miracle. LOL    I think Matt has fixed my rating to go up when I'm NOT on line, it was 30% last time I looked, I wasn't on line yesterday and it's gone up to 40. Confused LOL                                                                                                                                                                               
Blackberry's Profile
Blackberry

I've just signed on and saw my karma had jumped from 22% to 32%,  yippeee, but since sending a couple of messages and posting on the forums albeit the word forums, I've gone back down to 23%!!!  Cry.  What's happened???!!  Confused

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8291 seconds. There are 647 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption