Paint jobs

16 Posts | Latest reply on 26/03/2007 13:03:04 by storm | Go to original / last post
dazpants's Profile
dazpants

In: Blackpool
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Ok - I'm a man. And as we all know we are not genetically designed to admit when we cant do something. But (now this might shock some of you) there are times when we actually do need to admit defeat. I say NEED to - whether we actually DO is a different matter.   In my case I have a rather old but perfectly sound Suzuki GSX1100f which when I got it was scraped banged and dented to hell and back. Apparantly its previous owner had narcolepsy..... I leave the rest to your imagination.   Anyway I have attempted respraying the tank and the fairings and tho it looks passable in a dark stree on a moonless night, in daylight it is let down. Does anyone have any tips for making a better job of it or is the only answer to go to a spray shop?   And if thats the case, does anyone know what is a reasonable price so I dont get ripped off?                                                                                                                                                                             
Di's Profile
Di

In: Wellingborough

i'll ask around hun................                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I think a pro job is in order if you want it looking really nice.Its not a case of stick a few coats on and a bit of lacquer and your away it needs proper primering and then there are tinted lacquers and i dont know much about it but i tried doing my ZZR o/s fairing and have to admit defeat and its gonna cost 150 quid to do it properly so there ya go..
Bikerjulia's Profile
Bikerjulia

In: Warrington

Matt black it with a paintbrush that always gives me the desired effectBig smile   MY mate has a spray shop in Warrington and hes a damn fine sprayer, can do art work aswell, no idea how much it will cost u but if u are interested drop me a message and I can give u his number                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

i too might need help... scratched all my fairing to bits when cleaning it roughly.  Tiny fine scratches everywhere... im well gutted cos its a newish perfect looking blackbird (Or WAS! lol)                                                                                                                                                                             
dazpants's Profile
dazpants

Julia - A paintbrush?? what effect was the desired effect? But I would be happy to take that number off you. Warrington is a fair way from me but theres no-one round here I'd trust, and I can at least get an idea of price.                                                                                                                                                                             
RC's Profile
RC

In: Derbyshire

now i know why i have a car pmsl so much easier hehehehehehe                                                                                                                                                                             
gsrider's Profile
gsrider

In: peterborough

matt have you tried the colour matched wax for your scratches it blended them out a fair bit  on my black paintwork                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikerjulia's Profile
Bikerjulia

The desired effect is the paintbrush DazLOL  OK I am an old school raggy arsed biker, my idea is that why pay all the money getting it sorted when I am only gonna go through another hedge Embarrassed    I have just spoke to Shaun the sprayer to make sure its OK to give out his number and hes cool with it, the company is called Brownlowes based in Warrington  01925 230630   Hope its OK advertising it on here, but like I say he is a bloody good sprayer, and if anyone is travelling up to see him dont forget to call in mine  for a brew Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Ahh the old Hedge eh.Never done it myself yet but bet its AWESOME.                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikerjulia's Profile
Bikerjulia

Tis normally quite a soft landing, dont head for the prickly hedgesLOL and make sure u got bright coloured boots on so people can find uLOL. Mind I suppose there is an easier option, like slow down at bends, let me think about it, erm NAH Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
dazpants's Profile
dazpants

lol Thanks Julia - I'm having one last go at it myself. I get the paint to go on ok, but the finish has been a bit naff. I get what you say about the hedge. My bike weighs four times what I do and so far I havent dropped it yet. Watch this space. But I have that number and theres a good chance I may yet give him a call.                                                                                                                                                                              
Di's Profile
Di

not done it on the bike but have done it a couple of times on the horse LOL open ya eyes to see ya trusty steed looking down from above at ya, great!!!!!LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
gsrider's Profile
gsrider

In: peterborough

but as you look up di i bet the last words on ur mind are trusty steed...lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Di's Profile
Di

LOL not wrong there gsrider but matt would likely ban me if i put wot i really said LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
storm's Profile
storm

In: derbyshire

bin through a hedge with a car turned it round mid air and landed in the middle took ages to get the ruddy ccar out cos there was a good drop the other side, had to get help with pushing it !!!! bad thing was though back window smashed and it cut me mates face was mortified about it and she was none too pleased either, last time she asked me for a lift home from the late shift !!!!!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6094 seconds. There are 1433 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption