Whats your biggest Biking fear?

70 Posts | Latest reply on 20/05/2010 21:43:01 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Waking up and not having mi bike, and it same for the hampton.                                                                                                                                                                             
DG99's Profile
DG99

In: Nottingham

Had a rear wheel blow out on me, rear ended a car cos the two old dears were too busy talking and missed their turning so did an emergency stop in the fast lane, seized an X7 at 95 mph, been t'boned at a junction, lost the end of one finger due to ramming a sidecar outfit into a wall.  No point in worrying about what might happen, if your numbers up...........  I'm still here, still spurring the old girls on into a gallop, in the words of the immortal bard 'Don't worry, be happy'.
reaper_soul_man64's Profile
reaper_soul_man64

In: bury

ive had a few crashes in me time but me biggest fear is having one with me daughter on the back...reason why i tend to wear jeans and go slow when she pillion Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

...otherwise you ride fast and jeanless?Shocked                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

motorways  cross winds oh and that stupid bridge near hull i find my vertigo makes  bridges a little odd at times and motorway some thing to do with space and tin canners not knowing wot there doing but doing same speed or more as me  yet im quite happy doing a ton plus on A and B rds hmmmmm                                                                                                                                                                               
Cataraptor's Profile
Cataraptor

In: Redditch

Although there is the always present fear of poor driving by other road users or myself, poor road surfaces, etc leading to injury to myself or others, my main fear is being stitched up by corrupt cops using "ASBOs" to seize my bike, trumping up charges of poor/dangerous riding, claiming my number plate is .5cm too small and so on. I believe that this is the main thing we have to fear these days.
D4VO's Profile
D4VO

In: Barnstaple

When its a hot day and cant find my bike keys.                                                                                                                                                                             
whiteairedfox's Profile
whiteairedfox

In: liverpool

Biggest real fear is getting too old to ride my bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
nawe's Profile
nawe

In: winsford chesh

the day they run out of petrol.. and there's only diesel left.... Ermm                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

My biggest fear is getting too old to get my leg over the bike to ride it! Cry                                                                                                                                                                             
joesa's Profile
joesa

In: coventry

Mine is  not being able to ride ever again for what ever reason.i,ve had some minor spills,and a rear blow out at 80 with my son riding pillion using all three lanes [not thro choice]to stop.but i dont dwell on thinking about what could have happened or might happen ,and just really enjoy riding.
Boodyblues's Profile
Boodyblues

In: york

my biggest bike fear is that im going down the road on a sexy custom harley with a sexy custom hairy man and the bike turns into a lime jelly and the guy turns into gordon brown !!!!.                                                                                                                                                                             
Bloggsey's Profile
Bloggsey

In: Leeds

If triking fears are allowed then hitting those uneven bits of road that set the back end off doing its own jig. The trike equivalent of a tank slapper I suppose. That or similar situation on a bend where ya get a ripple in the tarmac that causes your front wheel to loose traction and makes you head straight into oncoming trafic or a brick wall.
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

In: Birmingham

My biggest fear is that the rider doesn't give me clear instructions of how to ride pillion, to let them know when I am scared and appreciate the fact that I was SCARED.                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe

bandit I once got a train home rather than come back on the back of my mate. I had 60 miles of racing another bike at break neck speed and it was too dangerous to let go and give him a tap until we arrived at our destination Angry

Scariest experience of my life and I will never EVER get on the back of anyone else, EVER AGAIN!!!

Hats off to you lot that ride pillion, you're a hell of a lot braver than me!!! Embarrassed                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

LOL ... RK ... 

My 1st boyfriend with a bike ... whayyyyyy back when ... told me he would never take me pilly again after I went out for the 1st time ever... 

I wanted to & begged him to take me again, so he said I had to trust him ... so his mate blindfolded me & tied my hands to the grab rail whilst I was pilly ... soon learnt to trust the rider LOL

I never had any issues when pilly with Mr_P loved his riding style and he often commented how it felt like I was not there, that's what made me go for my test, but yes have felt like you once or twice RK ! 

Bandit, you will find someone you feel happy with when pilly & I assure you ... you will LOVE it when you do Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

thats no mate RK  ! i allways ride to how the pilly wants to go because they got no real choice and i can go off and be mad on my own    but i dont do pilly either not brave enough Ermm                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe

He wasn't a mate once I got off the bike Neal LOL

bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

In: Birmingham

I am so pleased because so many of you have now convinced me that it wasn't me, it was him...no it really was him!!!! He was a rider worth over 30 years of riding experience....that didn't help me though!!!  That said, I am willing to try pillion again and if after a very safe ride I decided that it isn't for me.....at least I gave it a go. Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Bandit ... say sod it & get yer own bike ... best feeling ever ... though I have to admit I like the odd pilly now & then still Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7188 seconds. There are 829 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption