Fella's point of view please?

77 Posts | Latest reply on 18/04/2010 04:04:55 by ace_morgan | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Tell me guys, why is it so hard to get a date with a fella lately. Would you be put off by me having a baby and a toddler. I just want opinions please because Im curious. Thanks
Kerry                                                                                                                                                                             
old red's Profile
old red

In: Norwich
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

I suppose some guys don,t fancy the prospect of taking on some other guys kids Kerry, it,s always been that way I suppose.. Personally it wasn,t something that bothered me when I met my wife to be(though we,re divorced now).. It,s gonna be a case of when the right guy meets you,he has to accept the whole package..There are some decent ones about still, I,m sure...                                                                                                                                                                             
darkcarnival's Profile
darkcarnival

In: Blackburn
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

Works the other way too. I find it hard when a bloke has young ones. Its nice to see he takes his obligations seriously, but difficult to make allowances Confused                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Oh well looks like I'll be single for a very long time yet then eh Unhappy                                                                                                                                                                             
Alice2's Profile
Alice2

In: York
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

. . . just think of all the friends you could be making instead :> Keep smilin Smile                                                                                                                                                                              
madscots's Profile
madscots

In: Edinburgh
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

I dunno i agree with what was said it's a case of when the right person comes along and if you look for it it never happens.  I have a 8 year old with my ex and I suppose some can see me with baggage.  I have my daughter every week and one long weekend a month.  Like being a biker it what I am and not change for anyone                                                                                                                                                                                  
darkcarnival's Profile
darkcarnival

In: Blackburn
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

Noone is saying you should change, its just that different people want different things thats all                                                                                                                                                                             
maxnod's Profile
maxnod

In: Swanwick

I don't think it's a problem, just something you accept when you meet someone                                                                                                                                                                             
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull

In my opinion a dates just that, a date.....  it's a long way down the road before your guy would be considering taking on your children Kerry, and even thats if you moved in together.....  kids should be kept out the equation for a while so you can get to know each other first and have some fun times together... then if the times right introduce them to the guy you're dating and move on from there.... there are lots of great guys out there so good luck Kerry x                                                                                                                                                                             
micksaway's Profile
micksaway

In: Weymouth

Will fall into place when your not looking.  just let people take you for who you are And you never know what friends you might meet on the way   On a bike note Cool Bike                                                                                                                                                                             
Minnie the Minx's Profile
Minnie the Minx

In: Cheshire
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

i agree with nutkin. And lots of guys have kids too. Down the road when it's the right time...there can be advantages. Although, step children, well that could start a whole new forum threadSmile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Well i don't have kids, Just a lot of ironing so i have got baggage 3 suitcases full and a disco shirt.                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Hi Kerry Its not just a fella thing I had to bring my son up from when he was 9 on my own and had same problem but as all the others have said you will the one your looking for and in the meantime just enjoy life bring the little one along to the meets your both welcome and could you never know who you may bump into all the best jp                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

I agree with JP Kerry, I had 2 kids who were young adults, was hard for me to get used to having young teenagers about when Mr_P and I got together.

It's a hard road when dealing with somone elses kids cos we all have our own way of doing things and it's real easy to get it wrong l
lmao believe me I have the T-shirt!!!

But when it's right it works, it was hard for me when kids were very small, they were about the same age as yours sound when I divorced it is hard but I enjoyed time with my friends and with my kids and when it happened with somone they had to realise that my kids were my priority no matter what.

cissystar650's Profile
cissystar650

In: Hook

Spot on again Nutkin! I totally agree that kids should be kept out of it initially (other than mentioning them of course!)   not many people recah my age without 'baggage' although I would hate to think of my kids as 'baggage' - they are my world, my inspiration and above all else, always come first!                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe

Hi Kerry,

It won't help having your profile disabled by the way!

Funny how you've got so many replies from women when your title clearly asks for fellas opinions, you girls just can't help yourselves can you!! LOL

I've got 5 kids aged 6 to 26 and i've got no interest in women who have none as they couldn't possibly understand the commitment or the responsibility. There's plenty of blokes about who are bringing up kids on their own or are part time dads so just focus on getting to meets/ride out's when you can and someone will turn up when you least expect it. An old cliche but it will happen Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

My profile is not disabled, I dont know whats going on there but every profile I look at says disabled too Unhappy so not sure whats happened there. Im a full paid up member too.

RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe

Well whatever you just did Kerry has just enabled it so alls well Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I know silly me lol sorry. I didnt know so it must have been like that since it was reactivated a few days ago Embarrassed Well they say a woman loses her brain when she has kids lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Doh Boy's Profile
Doh Boy

In: Prestwick
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

Hi Kerry,   I would say don't go looking for something just let it happen naturally.   Unlike NK I wouldn't hide the kids, be open and honest that you have the kids and that you come as a package, if he's a genuine guy he will accept that.   What I didn't agree with is that the kids come before the guy, they should all be treated fairly and equally.   But as others have said, get out have fun and you never know what might happen.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6406 seconds. There are 827 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption