Biking's too dangerous ??

28 Posts | Latest reply on 08/04/2010 07:24:42 by Cataraptor | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

The government doesn't need to tell Europe to sod off, they do these things out of choice. Countries opt out of EU legislation all the time, so we could opt out if the government wanted to.
A lot of the trouble is down to unelected officials like Lord "Mandy", who obviously has his own agenda. Probably paid for by his golfing buddies.                                                                                                                                                                             
Rob1050's Profile
Rob1050

In: Redditch

I doubt the grass really is greener on the other side.   Unless you can survive under a tree in the outback, there'll always be someone poking their nose in.                                                                                                                                                                             
cissystar650's Profile
cissystar650

In: Hook

True...sad but true!                                                                                                                                                                              
whiteairedfox's Profile
whiteairedfox

In: liverpool

reading the thoughts of most people on this site,it is almost obvious that most bikers have more common sense than car drivers,these people in cars are a menace to all other road users,i have always made it clear to those in power that if everybody who wants a driving licence to drive a car,should drive a two wheeled vehicle for at least one year,over the winter as well,maybe then these pillocks will then realise the dangers that the four wheeled persons are creating for the two wheeled people around them,but then i can only wish for a perfect world,edd.
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe

*these people in cars are a menace to all other road users*

Edd what the Shocked

That's one hell of a sweeping statement LOL

I've driven a car for 27 years, done half a million miles and never once caused any kind of accident. I drive everywhere at an average well above the national speed limit as do most other road users and only ever had 2 sets of 3 points in all that time as i'm constantly on the look out for other people and those big volvos Wink

I agree they should make bike awareness a specific part of car driving lessons and the test but we can't force people to ride bikes. That means they should also drive an artic, tractor and trailer and a combine harvester come to think of it Thumbs Up

anneka56's Profile
anneka56

In: Stockport

hey that sounds good to me  Oooooh Arrrrrrrrr  Oooooo Arrrrrr                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Bikings not dangerous, Cutting your toe nails with a scythe thats dangerous yer foot might fall off.                                                                                                                                                                             
Cataraptor's Profile
Cataraptor

In: Redditch

As far as I'm aware, Barry Sheerman has always been conducting anti-bike campaigns from 30 years ago. He was, and probably still is a leading light in PACTS - Parliamentary Advisory Council on Transport Safety, another group of safety fanatics with crackpot ideas. I don't think he has much influence and I doubt whether he'll play much of a part in the forthcoming General Election. However, he would do well to remember that when Uncle Ken adopted a negative position towards motorcycling, it contributed to his being ousted as London Mayor. Don't forget the Riders are Voters campaign currently being conducted by the motorcycle lobby. 

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2813 seconds. There are 809 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption