tiger chain

16 Posts | Latest reply on 13/03/2010 12:55:20 by mickyd | Go to original / last post
mickyd's Profile
mickyd

In: chester
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

hi can anyone out there recommend a good chain and sprocket kit for a tiger 1050 ???? also fitting dealer or diy .. ??? cheers kev                                                                                                                                                                             
Rob1050's Profile
Rob1050

In: Redditch

Dealer fit, for me, as  I don't have a chain breaker/rivetter. That tends to limit you to what they'll supply. Definately stick with a quality chain manufacturer, such as D.I.D tho.                                                                                                                                                                             
mickyd's Profile
mickyd

Cheers Rob ... any idea what you paid for yours to be done ??? kev                                                                                                                                                                             
Rob1050's Profile
Rob1050

tbh it's a while since I had a set done.   The ST's about due for it's first now, but that's at 31k miles, I ain't heavy on chainsLOL   I'd guess at £100 for the chain, £40 for  2 sprockets, + fitting                                                                                                                                                                             
mickyd's Profile
mickyd

wow .... do you have a scotoiler fitted ??? as my tiger has only done 8k and it needs a new one!!!! i have been quoted £148 for kit and £90 to fit !!! not sure if that was a good price or not Cry                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

£90 to fit!That sounds a bit steep, it should be about a 30 minute job. Unless there's something about the Tiger that makes it more complicated than normal.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

micky go to -wemoto  .com ;on line bike accessories  they have everything for evry make..bike chain breakers about £60 for good one .£90 tiis  rip off .                                                                                                                                                                             
Rob1050's Profile
Rob1050

Kit price sounds about right.   Fitting will include wheel removal, fitting 2 sprockets, rivetting chain etc, but 2 hours (£90) does sound on the heavy side.       Never had a Scottoiler, tho I do clean / lube regularly                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

also kev oil your chain before -n-after run  keep your eye on slackness before every run .is your wheel in line?? would screw up tightness .m                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

2 hrs blimey are they making the chain too ! would have thought an hr be about right                                                                                                                                                                              
mickyd's Profile
mickyd

Thanks guys for the info ..... never fitted one on a bike this size so hence never used a chain breaker ..... bad of me i know!!!! as for wheel alignment i assume my dealer did it correctly when i had it serviced recently ???? AAAAAAAHHHHHHH dealers i hear you all cry !!! any one like to do the job ???? LOL 
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i`ll nip in on way down road to cornwall but thats not till end of may lol.sorry kev. same as wheely get yourself into local bike club.                                                                                                                                                                              
Rob1050's Profile
Rob1050

Just been quoted for my ST, by Birmingham Triumph.   Genuine Triumph chain/sprocket kit £120, fitting £60 (1 hour they reckon !) All plus Vat, comes to just over £200                                                                                                                                                                             
micksaway's Profile
micksaway

In: Weymouth

Change the sprockets yourself fiddly but can be done then get local bike shop to split and join new chain for you.   Last time I did one I got charged £10 as it took him ten mins                                                                                                                                                                             
Rob1050's Profile
Rob1050

tbh it's booked in now, didn't think of that.EmbarrassedUnhappy   Will remember for next timeThumbs Up Tho as it's lasted over 30k (!), not sure I'll have the same bike by then. Depends if Triumph come up with a new Sprint this Autumn.                                                                                                                                                                             
mickyd's Profile
mickyd

thanks for the tip mick .... will look into that !!! never crossed my mind nice one .                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6094 seconds. There are 840 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption