Scala rider Q2

13 Posts | Latest reply on 08/03/2010 17:11:57 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Ok I got myself a Scala rider Q2, good bit of kit, radio is good sound isn't stereo quality but good enough for music from Ipod, and it integrates well with the Tom Tom rider 2 sat nav. At the moment i have a Caberg Trip flip front helmet.   My problem seems to be the mike piece doesn't fit inside helmet with enough room to be clear on a phone call.....has anyone had any experience and can recomment a helmet that has a little more jaw space at the front?   http://images.smarter.com/blogs/scala.jpg   .............answers on a post card too....................                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

The new Shoei XR-1100 has been designed with greater space in front of the riders mouth for comfort.

However, I'm not sure I'd be buying a helmet to fit around a headset system.  Surely the headset system should fit around the helmet?

I'd look to see if they do thinner microphones or similar first.  I know Autocom do differing thicknesses (or at least you can fit a sound muffler around the standard mic if you're getting a lot of wind activation).

Just my opinion of course, but if I was happy with my helmet and it wasn't ready for replacement, I wouldn't buy a new one simply because of a microphone issue with a new headset.  I'd be taking the headset back and looking at different options.                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe

johnny you can buy head sets separately to suit your helmet and they all have a standard jack plug as far as i'm aware. A decent one will set you back about 20 squid.

I've got an intercom and it comes with the big sponge shroud for open face and a slimline pad type that velcros into your chin piece. Its only about 2mm thick so will fit into any helmet Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Scorpio54's Profile
Scorpio54

In: Bodmin

Johnny, have a look at this place. They do a version that you do not have to permanently fit into a helmet (Integra).   www.intaride.com                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I all ready have the headset, my helmet is a couple of years old now, I don't really have the funds to go crazy on a new helmet that is too expensive..... but the scala is top it really is good quality perfect radio reception 500m blue tooth connection to other bike with same and to pillion etc so happy with the headset its the gap just another inch would do it, if i had the money I have spied a few but 3-400 is way too much                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Johnny I have to agree with you on this one.

Ian & I both have the Q2, it was great when we went round France last year and I was Ians pilly & we discovered the range bike to bike was really good when looking for a parking space and I was over the other side of the car park having got off to go look for one LOL and no wires to get tangled  up in. Thumbs Up

Now I am on my own bike I love it, not only can I be linked to Ian but also to my Garmin Bike Nav and my mobile phone at the same time (I dont use my iPod on the bike lol) Big smile

You should just be able to move the main part further down your helmet, bringing the mike slightly to the side of your mouth rather than straight in front of you, I have found when out with Ian that it also helps reduce the wind noise when I have my visor open.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

sorry folks i still dont like the idea of sat navs on bikes or music in your helmets ets...just wrong in my opinion                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

It just my Caberg has hardlyany room at all for the mike, it ends up tight against my lips/ face....gotta be a few helmets out there with a little more chin room, and dealer won't be too chuffed if i ask to fit it to try it out lol                                                                                                                                                                             
micksaway's Profile
micksaway

In: Weymouth

My mate has a Velmar helmit flip front with bluetooth built in Think it was about £150 ish                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Cardo do a replacement microphone for the Scala series which is a flat pad connected by wire, rather than the one on the stick. I've just had a quick look at their website but can't see it now. I'll have a proper look later and get back if I find it.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I was just looking in the wrong place:
http://www.cardowireless.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?cPath=49_57&products_id=294And remember it's better if the microphone isn't in front of your mouth, you want it to the side so that you don't get noise from your breathing.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Cheers I'll have a look                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Just what I'm looking for, cheers G                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5469 seconds. There are 858 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption