CBR600 update

34 Posts | Latest reply on 10/04/2010 19:24:34 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
willow's Profile
willow

In: Tyldesley
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

hiya all. thank you all for taking the time to contact me about my bike... my pal (retired RAC man) came round today to see what he could do to my bike. we got plugs out, cleaned them. they were not too bad. problem looks like fuel pump. it worked a bit when nudged. but upon taking it off the bike found that the contatcs (i think that is what they are called) were not looking how they should do. burnt/tarnishd and a bit wonky. he will see if he can get it better and will try it on bike again. if not, will have to get new fuel pump. i hope they are not too expensive! Happy Valentines to me eh???....only card i got was from my mum!!! lol xxxxxxxxxxxx anybody know how much a new pump is???                                                                                                                                                                               
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
73% Karma73% Karma 73% Karma73% Karma

If you need a complete new pump then not far short of £200 from an independent like Wemoto. Ouch!!
But if all you need is the repair kit with the point switch then we're talking about £22. A lot betterThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
whiteairedfox's Profile
whiteairedfox

In: liverpool
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

hi willow,did i get something right?fuel pumps apparantley are a bit bit suspect on some models,as i said my mate had trouble on his race bike,wasnt me being clever just thought it might help,so its sounds good,try blacks of burscough,they break all sorts,might just be lucky and have one in,good luck,edd
whiteairedfox's Profile
whiteairedfox

hi willow again,happy valentines day,not a card but then dont knowyour address to send  to,edd.                                                                                                                                                                             
willow's Profile
willow

lol...........one card from my mum was all i got ! just had a phone call fromn friend who's fixing my bike and i do need a new fuel pump. just been frightining my self stupid now by looking online to get one !! prices go from £99 up to £189 !!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont know where to look next or what to do now!! happy valentines to me eh?? bummer                    xx                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

1997 on ebay,  buy it now for £40, used but good condition, or try offering lower price......craig                                                                                                                                                                             
willow's Profile
willow

am keeping a watch on it untill tomozz. i will see my other friend who sorted his pump out and got a good deal..........will make low offer for now and see waht happens...got nothing to loose ! ta xx                                                                                                                                                                             
willow's Profile
willow

just done an offer on it ! worth a try..................am going for a brew now !! before i loose the plot! starting to forget wich way is up!! plus, loads of bikes have blasted past my house today!! gits............... x                                                                                                                                                                             
limeninja9's Profile
limeninja9

In: Liverpool

Sorry,, didn't mean to disturb you!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
willow's Profile
willow

arhh so it was you eh?? revenge for friday nihgt eh?? lol x                                                                                                                                                                             
timhall's Profile
timhall

In: LOWER DUNSFORTH

Have you thought about getting a second hand one? CBR600s are a fairly common bike, breakers yards should have one and will be a lot cheaper than new.                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

wemoto.com/bikes/Honda/CBR_600_FP_FR/93-94/picture/Fuel...int_Switch   £39 is this any good to you willo                                                                                                                                                                             
willow's Profile
willow

Guess what !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bike finaly running today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yiiiippppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee........................fuel pum working fine and bike now clean !...............................................i hope to get out tomorow for a blast. lets hope it does not rain ...................yipeeeeeeeeeeeee xxxx yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee xx                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

nice one willo   dont hold your hopes up for the weather tomoro though  but well done there Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe

Nice one Willow, got mine back together again today as well and alls great except the stupid EXUP valve. 

What were Yamaha thinking putting a set of model aircraft controls on an exhaust valve! Thumbs Down

Nearly went for a jaunt tonight but thought better of it, think I'll wait for the spring! EmbarrassedLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
trikerider552's Profile
trikerider552

In: Reading

Well done Willow   I finished the rebuild on mine yesterday and the monsoon season started here today, so lets hope for the weather for both of us tomorrowThumbs UpCool                                                                                                                                                                             
whiteairedfox's Profile
whiteairedfox

good to hear that your bike is now running Willow,dont forget the idiots are all out there,be safe and careful,edd.                                                                                                                                                                             
willow's Profile
willow

hiya everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah..................done about 110 miles today!! a bit cold and roads midley moist in places. but otherwise a fab day.....................went doen a49, then a534 to broxton for a brew and food. back same way . then met rossi & royce at rivi for a brew. i feel like i have been re born! lol xxxxxxx     ps. at least i rememberd how to ride my bike ! lol # ride safe xx                                                                                                                                                                             
46Rossi's Profile
46Rossi

In: Bridlington
29% Karma29% Karma 29% Karma29% Karma

Wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!

I deny everything !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    lol

anneka56's Profile
anneka56

In: Stockport

ahh the elusive roycey   who disappears from chat room !   Nice on Willow xx                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6099 seconds. There are 827 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption