Driver fined just £100 after crash left biker paralysed

11 Posts | Latest reply on 11/02/2010 12:12:13 by RustyKnight | Go to original / last post
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

A MOTORIST involved in a crash which left a motorcyclist paralysed from the chest down has been fined just £100 and banned from driving for a year.Kate McCullock, 28, from Leicester, collided with biker Anthony Law, 62, also from Leicester, on September 25th 2009.The collision left Mr Law with multiple injuries, including a broken back. The injured man is still in hospital more than four months after the crash and has been told by doctors he will never walk again, Leicester Magistrates' Court heard yesterday.In a victim impact statement read out in court, Mr Law said."My life has been completely turned upside down. I used to enjoy car and bike maintenance. I get very emotional knowing I will be unable to do the things I love doing."McCullock pleaded guilty to driving without due care and attention last month.Mr Law's family are now pursuing a claim for compensation against McCullock's insurers.                                                                                                                                                                             
sdv9r's Profile
sdv9r

In: Skelmersdale
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Damm shame for the guy.......in my world i would have had him deported.......shot was the first thought but that would get to many complaints.                                                                                                                                                                              
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

In: Stockport

her deported.....                                                                                                                                                                             
sdv9r's Profile
sdv9r

In: Skelmersdale

He might be a transvestite....                                                                                                                                                                              
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

In: Stockport

stop nit picking  ....                                                                                                                                                                             
micksaway's Profile
micksaway

In: Weymouth

Poor Bloke   You would get bigger fine for speeding   UK Justice Once the envy of the world has turned into a sad joke                                                                                                                                                                             
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull

Once again the Justice system has let the victim down  - If it was me who had caused this then I would be on bended knees, asking  what I could do to support my victim, and they certainly wouldn't have to be pursuing me for compensation.    At least she has been named and shamed.   I've completely lost faith now in our country - wheres the 'Great' in Britain gone ?  I used to be proud to be british but now people get away with too much - £100 is a complete joke Angry                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

I see a fine and a ban but no mention of further driver training for the person who caused the accident.                                                                                                                                                                              
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

I thinks its true madness its a £60 fine for speeding !!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
micksaway's Profile
micksaway

In: Weymouth

Only if within 30 mph of limit. Remember the guy jailed for speeding with his son on the back. He hadn't crashed or caused any injury                                                                                                                                                                                                           
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe

She was only prosecuted for without due care and attention so she wasn't doing anything ridiculous or dangerous. If someone pulls out into an oncoming car doing 30mph there's little chance of any serious injury but with a bike it's totally different. Should she be held responsible for our vulnerability and choice of transport I wonder?

She's got to live with this too for the rest of her life and if anyone can say they've never pulled out in front of anyone then cast the first stone Thumbs Up

Runs from flying boulders Shocked                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3281 seconds. There are 724 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption