Are we the last generation??

36 Posts | Latest reply on 11/02/2010 20:50:38 by Nutkin68 | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

whats that supposed to mean WN ? dont understand                                                                                                                                                                              
sdv9r's Profile
sdv9r

In: Skelmersdale

Top boffins in Sweden and other places i don't want to live in have told the EUROTW*TS  that to reduce fatality's on European roads we need to have a rethink of the transport policy's of each government.

Safer cars better public transport are a given in this but they also want to try a new idea......no vehicle to travel at more than 100KPH-62MPH and they want to ban motorcycles off the roads as they have no practical function in modern society, and result in the highest percentages of fatality's on the public roads.

So don't worry about prices of fuel, tax, insurance, leathers, helmet and all that because even if you could afford it you cant have it......o yeah don't show any emotion either in the future because they might shoot you for being strange.

UP THE REVOLUTION.
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

...o yeah don't show any emotion either in the future because they might shoot you for being strange.   PML LOL  Crikey what would they do to eccentrics like me?       Back to you Rusty, re: the topic, not my eccentricity.                                                                                                                                                                               
Rob1050's Profile
Rob1050

In: Redditch

To try and answer the original question.   Yes, I am concerned for the future. The country is run by a bunch of control freaks, who want to keep tabs on everyone, all done in the name of safety / security. Average speed cameras are only the start. There'll be black recorder boxes in every vehicle next, the technology already exists.Unhappy   Bikes are a problem for them. It'd be far easier to ban them outright, again in the name of safety, one of the Scandinavian 'safety experts' has already suggested it. I doubt the govt has the b*lls to make such a move outright, but making life ever increasingly difficult is much more likely. This is already happening in the form of more tests, and have you ever wondered why the new test centres were agreed to and then not built on time ?Angry   On a personal note : Life's never been so good. Bike with more power than I can handle. Ever decreasing cops on the roads. And plenty of places where no one's watching. Roll on SummerLOL                                                                                                                                                                               
pondlife's Profile
pondlife

In: Bristol

I dont think we will be the last generation at all,I rather suspect someone thought that when driving licences were introduced "in the name of safety" then compulsory insurance,mot's etc etc. When I first got a moped,it wasnt because it was cheap but because I could ride one on the road (legally) when I was 16 and you can see it nowadays with the kids on their scooters.Cheap running costs was a bonus although back then,you didnt have to pay through the nose for bus fares but my little fizzy gave me independance.It's all a part of growing up and making your way in the wide world.                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Surely its just called evolution of man :)                                                                                                                                                                             
Rob1050's Profile
Rob1050

..and womanTongue                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Rob women dont evolve we were created perfect :)                                                                                                                                                                             
Rob1050's Profile
Rob1050

Explains a lotThumbs UpTongue                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate

i still feel that it will be cost initially that forces people to give up their vehicles rather than gov. policy but that too is sneaking in. It is true about the lack of police on the roads, i only ever see them outside nightclubs in the evening, if out and about its always community support officers on foot. somebody somewhere will be working on what should be in the next new test,and the next new speed camera,god help us all get out and enjoy it while you can!   And on a more positive note, its really sunny here inbetween the snow showers!                                                                                                                                                                             
Cataraptor's Profile
Cataraptor

With a lot of issues the pendulum will eventually swing the other way. Unfortunately, we are in the midst of a dreadful risk averse society in which the Government is trying to wrap us in cotton wool whether we like it or not. Even Blair admitted that two General Elections ago. Climate change is already being questioned and it's only a matter of time until there is a major backlash against this obsession with safety which the Government will be forced to act on. This may even include more direct action. The next General Election may be a good opportunity to get the ball rolling although it may be a few years until there any tangible results.

In the interim, I just hope that the motorcycle lobby continues to promote the powered two-wheeler as a practical, legitimate and cost effective mode of transport which should be treated as such. The national Government needs to lean on local authorities to make sure that their policies reflect this sentiment and The Government's Motorcycling Strategy.                                                                                                                                                                                
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Well said Cataraptor Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Bloggsey's Profile
Bloggsey

In: Leeds

Personally I think it is about time road safety was taught in skools as part of the national curiculum instead of the slow down cr*p which is being shoved down our throats. Slowing down is not gonna help half as much as kids not wandering about blindly onto roads like they do sometimes. It would also help them be better drivers when they grow up.   With regards to are we gonna be the last generation, yes unless we start to stand up for ourselves a bit and start to do something to preserve our freedom and the freedom of our kids. I think there is an ever growing resentment of the present politically correct wrap people up in cotton wool and if they struggle to get free again bang em up or make them socially unacceptable socieity.   Agh!!!!!!!!!! Rant over for now lol.                                                                                                                                                                             
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull

Road Safety is already  taught in schools Steve, both as pedestrians and as a bike rider, kids are about 9 when they do it Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Bloggsey's Profile
Bloggsey

In: Leeds

Opps showing how out of touch I am lol. My kids only got a talk by the local coppers (about an hour long). If it is taught at 9 perhaps something should be done to inform parents that kids under that age should not be let loose unsupervised though and some sort of refresher stuff in their teens??Straying from the origional topic here sorry !
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull

Depends on the parenting Steve, around here kids under 2 roam the streets still in their nappies and swear - lovely, NOT                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5938 seconds. There are 680 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption