The biker nod??

111 Posts | Latest reply on 15/05/2010 13:57:37 by nawe | Go to original / last post
fairies1's Profile
fairies1

In: Great Broughton
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

basic common courtesy, me thinks.............                                                                                                                                                                             
old red's Profile
old red

In: Norwich
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

Majority think the same fairies 1, but there,s still those that don,t..or maybe they are giving a toe wave, similar to some euro foot waves!Confused.....Nod sent Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Boodyblues's Profile
Boodyblues

In: york

im a pillion and i nod, get a nod back too its nice.                                                                                                                                                                             
DTR30's Profile
DTR30

In: Nantwich
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

My first weekend on a bike and I've been nodding at everyone - love it. Probably only about 50% of bikers nodded back.                                                                                                                                                                              
BOBKAT's Profile
BOBKAT

In: Burns Country

Steady!  I ride a Harley and nod at bikes and scooters alike - shame it's not always returned though.  Please don't tar all harley riders with the same brush - we are not all 'non nodders'.  I didn't buy a harley to be mean or anything for that matter - just liked the bike is all.  I'll be getting of my soap box now thanks lol.                                                                                                                                                                             
bandit lover's Profile
bandit lover

In: Birmingham

I was told....not sure if it's the really reason...   It's a sign of respect and wishing safe riding!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Blueboy955i's Profile
Blueboy955i

In: Darlington

'It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride' so they say and with that in mind I always nod other two-wheeled riders. The only thing that makes me chuckle is when you see a rider (in my experience, it's the plastic rockets) who look as though they are about to dislocate their necks when they nod.  They seem to fling their heads around manically when a simple nod will suffice.....bless 'em LOL.  I always find that cruisers, harleys, Pan riders etc prefer a simple raising of the hand instead of a nod.                                                                                                                                                                              
uglyducklin's Profile
uglyducklin

In: yorkshire

I nod at all bikes....tend not to get many off the crotch rocketers ..but saying this i was on route to squires one afternoon and the leader of  a group of 'said' bikers flahed and waved hand down at his side...to slow down....thought at first something was up with my bike/or that i might have known them lol./or an accident....but a little way up the road (out of site ) was a couple of mr p.c plods speed checkin...and had quite a few bikers pulled up......luckily for me  i'd slowed down by time i passed..not that i was going obove the speed limitWink cheers to fellow bikersThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
yamashirlz's Profile
yamashirlz

In: north yorkshire

hiya all.i was always told to nod to other bikers by my ex he said it was the bikers code,now got my own i nod at everyone , im a little nodding dog lol get well excited when get nod back shame alot dont no back thou xx                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I have been a biker for over 30 years and have always made it a point to wave at fellow bikers - esp the younger ones as i remember when i first started biking the good feeling and sense of belonging it used to give me by being acknowledged by older bikers.                                                                                                                                                                               
nawe's Profile
nawe

In: winsford chesh

i reckon it's the "same gang" nod.. used to have  2cv.. we always used to acknowledge fellow loons LOL i do think more bikers used to say hi in the old days with a light flash.. but you cant do that the same now we all have our lights on..                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3130 seconds. There are 821 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption