How to report potholes

14 Posts | Latest reply on 05/02/2010 07:03:53 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
bikerbitch's Profile
bikerbitch

In: Denbigh/Leigh
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

The recent Bad weather has created all sorts of oncoming problems for the early spring bikers who want to get out and about,pot holes being the main issue,
If you see one,report it.
1) Ensure you have accurate details of the road defect in question. This should include name of street or road and road number if possible; location of defect i.e. outside house number; by pub name; church; opposite lamp standard, other street furniture, sign etc.
2) Locate appropriate authority of the area,report the defect by phone, e-mail or their on-line response form. hich most councils have on line,
3) Ensure you have either contact name and number of person dealing with defect or reference number of defect report.
4) If the defect is not repaired within a reasonable time contact authority and refer to original contact or reference number.
5) If defect is still not repaired consider contacting your local Councillor, and take it further,
Don't rely on some body else reporting it!Thumbs Up

Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

I just posted that BB lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

keep up BB Tongue                                                                                                                                                                              
bikerbitch's Profile
bikerbitch

Two different issues BJ,thanks all the same,
 your thread is neglect,mine is reporting the problem,so I'm not in bother with you know who,Wink                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

This could have been added to the other thread, IMHO it just leads to confusion when titles and topics are very similar.   There are no prizes for the most posted topics, altho it does contribute to the 'karma' results.                                                                                                                                                                             
bikerbitch's Profile
bikerbitch

No,I disagree Kwak with the upmost respect these are two very different threads, knowing when and who to report potholes too! I felt was a worthwhile  informative topic for all bikers to be aware of.   If there was prizes for the most posted topics,then I'm sure BJ would win by far,Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Bloggsey's Profile
Bloggsey

In: Leeds

I agree with you BB. The info on what to do to report a pothole would easily get lost in the other thread as the topic is discussed. Desides that I personally do not see any problem with similar threads within reason and the more threads that are up and running the better as there is more chance others will have an opinion and join in!!
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

I found this really cool site called google. ya just put in a couple of word. lets say local government or reporting potholes and press the go button. It's brilliant. I'm sure anyone that managed to find this site has the gumption to use Google. you can use it to find anything. Geek                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

I disagree BB lol count em and all will be revealed Big smile                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Apparently the local authorities have changed there defination of pot holes and changes and changed the depth and size so it looks as if there isn't a problem and they then only have to tackle the few that come inside there new sizes..... .. Bloody typical if something needs doing and you have targets to meet...don't worry just change the goal posts everytime...sad...                                                                                                                                                                             
sdv9r's Profile
sdv9r

In: Skelmersdale

You are  right johnny the criteria has changed a lot in the last few years on pot holes and they do move the goal post to avoid the flak.

In the years i have spend in Road Resurfacing for councils i have seen the quality of work plummet to what can only be described as laying asphalt/tarmac on a ploughed field, that's why so many pot holes start it's what's underneath that's failed and it effects the top surface.

The contractor wants maximum profits and will back hand and fiddle to get what he wants not what the public deserve.

At one time to give the road the best finish and life span we would stop laying asphalt if it rained not now.....i've seen it laid in the snow just so the contractor meets the target and will get paid bonus.     
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

I do want topics like this on the site, but they need to have specific topics!  Hence I've renamed it.   The reason being that the topic goes into the title-bar of internet browsers.  As the title of the page it gets picked up on google, yahoo etc.  Therefore if someone puts into google "how to report potholes" they will get BM as a top link for this search.  Then they come to us, maybe join up, maybe subscribe etc.   Having Google available is no reason not to post information on BM, Blues.  I'd rather have good copies of information from around the net stored on BM which will get picked up by search engines, than have a dead forum with nothing but "scrabble" and "my bowel problems".                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

Good post BB.  One thing I'd also mention is take photos.  Most of us have phones with digital cameras, so it's easy.

Rule of thumb, 3 photos;

One from a short distance away so you can see the pothole and are able to locate it from the photo (get other things in such as bus stops or junctions), a second photo from the roadside showing the pothole clearly and a third (if safe to do so) from directly above with some form of reference in the picture (I use my foot when doing dilapidation surveys) to get an idea of the size of the hole.

Then email these along with the other info BB lists above to the head of maintenance at your local highway authority.  If you don't know his name PM me and I'll find it for you.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

the photos LC's son took for me were brilliant as there was a road cone next to the pot hole ( after the horse had bolted so to speak ).....so you can get a idea howbig the pothole was......                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5470 seconds. There are 1054 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption