Haiti

21 Posts | Latest reply on 16/01/2010 21:08:14 by RustyKnight | Go to original / last post
darkcarnival's Profile
darkcarnival

In: Blackburn
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

Cant believe there have been no threads on this yet. Are we just burying our heads in the sand???? What a terrible thing to happen to the citizens of Haiti. My heart goes out to them, how would we cope if it happened to us? Badly i suspect. I know there isnt a great deal we can do, but we can at least sympathise with them and thank god that it aint us Ouch                                                                                                                                                                             
drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

i agree wiv u dc, it is a tragic thing to happen                                                                                                                                                                              
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe

It is a real tragedy but there is a donation line for anyone that feels like helping Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
babyharley's Profile
babyharley

In: Nottingham
10% Karma10% Karma 10% Karma10% Karma

yes lots of pr and news about the tragedy you only have to see and hear and its there!  My heart cries for them all in Haiti we just cant imagine anything like it here, but alot of charities asking for donations for aid for them, including the one I work for which always has a donation scheme running for overseas tragedies like this one which unfortunately are becoming all too common. If you wish to donate, you only have to google and you will find most of the national charities have a link in their websites to facilitate this! It is always very much appreciated as Im sure you all realise Cry                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

I can't afford to donate money and I'm pretty sure my sympathy won't help much but it goes without saying that they have it.                                                                                                                                                                             
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

In: Stockport

lots of helpers and donations are out there  but the chaos is preventing them from getting to the victims at the moment                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Saw the pictures in the paper today...what can you say....seeing their poor faces....makes me sad to think what they have to go through now....Methinks this is just the start of their ordeal...so so sad                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Yes me too, Have they got snow.                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I can sympathize, after 30 Aftershocks I can't find my house either!

(runs and hides) LOL

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

(runs and hides) LOL   Doesn't that show how lucky you are Seb, that you can run and hide.? Take a good long look into the eyes  of all those children who have lost their parents, look into the eyes of the parents who have lost their children and their homes, livelihoods etc... look at the injuries they have sustained and ask yourself this..... Where can they run and hide ? .........                                                                                                                                                                               
No 1 fan's Profile
No 1 fan

In: cardiff

I do feel for the people of Haiti however after 10 aftershocks I to would struggle to find my house............                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

It's a shame some people find this funny but what they reap they sew eh Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

how many thousands of people have died in this quake is unbelieveble realy just gose to show how insignificant we realy are dosent it !!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

sorry if my little joke offended anyone :)                                                                                                                                                                             
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

A little insensative maybe. offensive no. It wasn't pointed at anyone. Geek                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

well peeps,,,most will not like my post!!!!,,,but I strongly believe we should look after all the homeless and children in our own country regardless of race before we help any others,,,and how the hell can goverments pledge all this cash (our money) when they have allready f**k'd the country up,,,,,,but this is only my opinion and thoughts which I believe in the same as others believe in thiers.....
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

I notice the media haven't metioned whats going on next door in the dominican republic. Perhaps if Haiti had been given this money before hand to build stronger buildings the human cost wouldn't be so great. knowing that the island is sitting on so many fault lines this was bound to happen. Geek                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

*I strongly believe we should look after all the homeless and children in our own country regardless of race before we help any others*

I agree cw so how many homeless people have you given shelter to this year?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

As for our government giving aid, well I would rather we spent our money on worthy things like the disaster relief in Haiti than the £20 million we give China...yes China, Many British taxpayers would be astonished to learn that we are still giving aid to China – and that in 2007, under Labour, China received in aid for the British taxpayer £38.6 million.  A great surprise we pay this, for a country that is powering out of poverty and had a trade surplus last year of £175 billion.... ........we also don't have our rebate of £3 billion of the £5 billion we give to the EU every year... because old Gordon Brown gave it up...... ........mmmhh now wouldn't that 3 Billion a year come in handy now not only to fund things such as this but other worthy causes and to dig our own country out of the 'Brown' sticky stuff...     So why should we as a nation have to dig deep in already empty pockets when there in real terms should be plenty of funds if it was managed a little better   ....Rant over....                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I give shelter to my family who would be homeless if i did not love and support them since divorce 4yrs ago,,,,they are all that matter to me along with friends, although I do donate to several causes throughout the year,,,,all in this country....my choice                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8281 seconds. There are 1043 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption