Real email for premium members

33 Posts | Latest reply on 18/01/2010 02:49:35 by Matt | Go to original / last post
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

In: Stockport
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

you're the expert  love   LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
60% Karma60% Karma 60% Karma60% Karma

Why not have johnsmith1 and johnsmith2                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

thanks Bill, i'm doing just that.  Been working on it all day.   So basically when you open up the webmail now I've programmed it to check if you already have a registered BM email address in your account.  If you do then it checks if it exists or not (because accounts inactive for a year will be deleted). If it doesn't exist it lets you recreate it (so even though the mailbox was removed after a year, it still honours the address for you).   If you've not had an email address before then it formats your username to something usable.  If that usable name is already in use then it adds a number 1 to the end.  Then it checks that, and if that also exists then it adds a 2 to the end (and so on and so on until the email address is valid and free).   Once it's found you a valid AND available account it populates a form with the selected email address and your realname.   All you have to do is enter a password and press the button to create your account.   So far it's 1,600 lines of code in a programming language I've never used before (.net).  Run into a LOT of problems but it's nice learning a new language and some new tools.   I'm loving it though, great possibilities with this new software.  I'm just debating now what types of connections to open up to the server (The less the better for security).  Options being: Just webmail, or also POP3 / SMTP / IMAP / Outlook etc.                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
84% Karma84% Karma 84% Karma84% Karma

Boys and their toys eh LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
46Rossi's Profile
46Rossi

In: Bridlington
29% Karma29% Karma 29% Karma29% Karma

I didn't think I would have a need for the new email system, but it would've been useful for me to have it of late - I could've got everyone on the barn weekend to paypal me through it !

Anyway, I still would only use it as an addition to my main email, not as a replacement.

As long as Matt is happy , that's all that counts!!!  (keeps him outta trouble when he's playing with his toys!!)

LOL

Matt's Profile
Matt

haha it's true.  I hate having nothing to do, so I'm always making up new tasks for myself.   Email services being installed right now, then got some more testing to do over the weekend                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

I hate having nothing to do, so I'm always making up new tasks for myself.   Yes I noticed  LOL Wink    I forgive ya tho lol   BTW re: BM email, not for me ta.                                                                                                                                                                                   
darkcarnival's Profile
darkcarnival

In: Blackburn
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

I hate having nothing to do I can sort that for you Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Aint you given in yet D C? lol   I mean given in chasing Matt                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

FYI - the email setup is nearly complete, just setting up security now and trying to clear up some bugs in the software I've found (the email software that is, so im waiting for the developers to get back to me).   Anyhow, just to let you know that the email will be running securely on our servers and will be very difficult to get spam through.  So if you want a secure, spam-free email address then you'd do well creating your free Biker Match account!                                                                                                                                                                             
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

In: Stockport
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

where do we do that?                                                                                                                                                                             
46Rossi's Profile
46Rossi

In: Bridlington
29% Karma29% Karma 29% Karma29% Karma

cheers Matt - u should work in promotions too !!! lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

Anneka - do what? get an email account?  It's coming soon (i.e., u can't yet! lol). And i definitely shouldn't be in promotions, im crap at it lol                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4688 seconds. There are 1158 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption