Bike Run in support of Wooton Bassett

142 Posts | Latest reply on 17/03/2010 18:24:47 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Just seen it on the news  WELL DONE everyone, it looked a good run!   I went to Squires and ended up on a Wooton Bassett Support Run from there to Leeds Armouries, so I was with you all in spirit :o)                                                                                                                                                                                     
njl's Profile
njl

In: Hungerford

Got to say a big thanks to all the locals in the villages and Wootton Bassett too who came out to wave and support, I hope motorists coped with the disruption.  Sadly looked like someone was going to be airlifted from between Bassett and J16 as I passed so my thoughts to them, hope they are ok.
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

Congrats to all that managed this.

I wish I had been riding longer I would have gone for it good on ya for doing it                                                                                                                                                                              
Rob1050's Profile
Rob1050

In: Redditch

Good coverage on both BBC and ITV newsThumbs Up   Good publicity for both the charity and bikers in general.   ITV reckoned all the bikes, nose to tail, would have stretched 22 miles !                                                                                                                                                                             
trikerider552's Profile
trikerider552

In: Reading

Incredible,emotional day. Proud to have been a part of it!                                                                                                                                                                             
jabecs's Profile
jabecs

In: London

What an awesome day thanks to the organisers locals and every biker who made it there ......   Johnny was lovely to meet you and had a great night in swindon with you and Nige (even if we did lose him lol) Hope you made it home safe   Smokey was good to see you and your friend there too   Fantastic day had by all I think ......yeah that accident did look nasty hope they were ok only down side to the day                                                                                                                                                                              
jabecs's Profile
jabecs

Oh got some pics will post shortly lol look out for Johnny snoozing lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Photos here   http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_photo...ent_id=654                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Nige and Jan all the others we met today at the ride, really good to see you all..... a long day today but worth it..... the people of Wootton Bassett really made us all feel welcome...what a turn out, it was fantatic.....Cheers for the use of the floor Jan and Nige lol                                                                                                                                                                             
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

In: Stockport

Seen the coverage on TV  just now.....wow what an impressive sight                                                                                                                                                                              
smokey_1_uk's Profile
smokey_1_uk

In: Watford
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

What a fantastic day. the atmosphere was amazing. I have never seen so many bikes and different types of bikers in one place.
The ride itself was awesome. Crowds of wellwishers standing waving and cheering, it brought a lump to my throat.

For all the moaning of the middle class, middle England few before the event about how Wootten Bassett didnt want us there. Well the crowds certainly proved them wrong.

I am proud to have supported the event and proud of the bikers who made it and proud of the bikers who couldnt but supported by words and donations.

And my legs ache this morning :-)

Smokey
pondlife's Profile
pondlife

In: Bristol

was proud to be a part of such a spectacle,I have to admit to being well choked up by the turn out of the local people in the villages approaching wooten basset with their flags and painted messages of support and then by the amazing sight of wooten basset itself.you'll always get the minority of moaners objecting to things but they were plainly in the tiny minority yesterday! Rode straight to slough after to visit my mum so didnt get back to bristol until gone eight so after a long day's riding and a couple of hundred miles,promptly fell asleep and missed the news! time to try bbc i player methinks lol a big well done to everyone                                                                                                                                                                             
clarissa's Profile
clarissa

In: Tell you later

Kwak; thanks for sharin photos Clap i agree with posts made, but if i had to add 1 of my own, (which it seems i'm about to do LOL), 'personally',  ok, i understand and accept the collection in the airfield, but i thought "something was lost in translation" as the organisers set us off too spread out ...... next time let's go for a 22 mile continuous stretch of bikes!Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Travelling back for Keswick we passed loads of bikers coming back ....... well done to all who took part Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
mozie's Profile
mozie

In: Chelmsford

http://ww...IV> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouqU...Uio   Did a few Vids of the day...heres a couple i'll put the rest up when i've uploaded them.                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

i know its probaly been put up but found this   http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tml                                                                                                                                                                                 
jabecs's Profile
jabecs

Wheely what is that link for ....nothing about WB in it lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Try this link, I left that poem from the forum.(ryhmes that lol)on the comments page hopefully he will read it.   http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/cars-motorbikes/2010/03/woott...the-b.html                                                                                                                                                                               
jabecs's Profile
jabecs

That poem always gets to me John ....I sent it everywhere when i got it                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hope that reporter reads it ...he's a cheeky fCensoredr                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7188 seconds. There are 678 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption