Ogri cartoonist puts original artwork up for sale

23 Posts | Latest reply on 29/01/2010 16:40:16 by Nutkin68 | Go to original / last post
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Fans of famous cartoon biker Ogri will have a chance to get their hands on the original artwork when the creator puts his huge collection up for auction on 27 January. Cartoonist Paul Sample, who invented Ogri while at London's Central School of Art in the late 1960s, has decided to clear the decks in preparation for a house move and that means selling his extensive collection of original artwork. Sample's collection is expected to run to about 500 lots. "All this work has been in folders tucked away in cupboards for years," says Sample, 62, who has lived near the North Shropshire town of Whitchurch for 30 years. "I don't look at the work, so I have decided to give someone else the pleasure." Inspired by Marvel comics and American illustrator Robert Crumb, Ogri originally began life with the name of Rorgan and his sidekick was George. "The first strip cartoon was based on my own experience of driving up the M1 at 90mph on a Rocket Goldstar and wondering what the rattle was," recalls Sample "Most people think Ogri is about biking but it's not, it's about life in general" says Sample. The collection is now available to browse online at hallsgb.com                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

OMG - I used to love Ogri - used to get Bike mag just to read it LOL Used to have an Ogri sweatshirt aswell Embarrassed                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Stella Lady i still have mine somewhere lol                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

has he stoped doing Ogri now then because they keep showing old reruns in bike mag now i thought he'd died or something !!                                                                                                                                                                             
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull

No, Paul Sample's still with us, just stopped illustrating several years ago.  His first Ogri cartoon appeared in 1972.  Personally  I loved Pitstop, Malcolm and Mitzi as well as old Ogri, I used to 'borrow' our Tony's mag and keep all the Ogri cartoons out of them years ago when he'd thrown them.  I've got an Ogri video from a rally several years ago, only about half an hour but it's hilarious !!
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

wonder how much that will go for, and if it's the copyright or just the old originals he has lying around.   Bet it's worth a bit though                                                                                                                                                                             
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

As far as I'm aware it's the originals  for sale Matt, though for peeps like myself who are fans without the spondoolies,  his collections are available  in book form, collections 1-3 .......Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

I've got my own Ogri gallery lol   see my profile pics                                                                                                                                                                             
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

I thought paul Sample had stopped doin Ogri but the strip is now in back street heroes. they are copywrited circa 2009 and numbered. the first being 396/B1. Pauls website doesn't mention him quitting doin Ogri either. Geek                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Kwak, edited your link... you can't link to the photos in your account (it just sends people to their own photos page in their own account).  You need to give people the real link, which means u need to logout and visit your page as a guest... then you can use the links
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Oh flippy neck! lol, cheers Matt for info                                                                                                                                                                              
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

As far as I'm aware Paul only did Ogri for 30 years and stopped in 2002, but I could be wrong......... and probably am Geek                                                                                                                                                                             
trikerider552's Profile
trikerider552

In: Reading

You're right BB Ogri is definately live an kickin in BSH mag.

This months strip is numbered 399/B4 and is c 2009

Paul Samples website is at www.paulsample-ogri.co.uk

Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

told you I'd be wrong..........LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

ill have to start getting bsh again now !Confused                                                                                                                                                                             
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

me too, oh damn and rot !!!! LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
trikerider552's Profile
trikerider552

sorry nutkin!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

no worries, just 8 years behind publication..........................WackoLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
trikerider552's Profile
trikerider552

got loads of back issues if you wanna catch up.....................   seeing as its you ill do them really cheap.................   how does half price sound......................   gotta pay for me petrol somehow...........   you lot are friggin miles away from me.................lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

Amazons cheaper !!!!! LOL                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7500 seconds. There are 1365 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption