Foot of snow is on its way !!!!!

52 Posts | Latest reply on 30/12/2009 23:13:33 by Brummie Jackie | Go to original / last post
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

A FRESH blast of icy weather will bring up to 12 INCHES more snow - and travel chaos - to parts of the UK tomorrow.

Wales will be worst hit by the blast, with a one foot of the white stuff expected on higher ground.
While up to four inches of snowfall in the Midlands and surrounding parts of central England is also expected.

The snow could not come at a worse time as millions of workers will take to the roads tomorrow as they head to the office for the first time since Christmas.  And many areas of the UK are still struggling to get back to normal after sleet and snow from before Christmas Day froze as temperatures plunged during an Arctic blast.

Forecaster Paul Knightley said a system moving in from the Atlantic this evening would meet colder air, forming snow.  He said: "Across higher ground in central and south Wales, we can expect to see heavy snow - 20 to 30cm, or up to a foot, by Tuesday lunchtime, with strong winds pushing it higher in drifts.  "Tuesday is going to be a nasty day across much of Wales.

"We can also expect to see falls of 5 to 10cm (2-4 inches) in parts of the Midlands. We are not sure how far north or how far south this snow could fall.

"Southern counties may have some snow on Tuesday morning, but not enough to settle."

"It's particularly badly timed because people will going back to work after the weekend break.

"There could be problems anywhere in Wales, or large parts of central and southern England, in the next 48 to 72 hours - people should check forecasts before going out."

Forecasters have already warned that there will be freezing weather for the New Year.

Temperatures are expected to plunge to -3C (26F) in most of England and Wales on New Year's Eve, while Hogomany partygoers in Scotland face snow showers and temperatures as low as -8C (17F).

New Year's Day will also be chilly, with the northern half of Britain struggling to get above freezing during the day, while London will struggle to reach 4C (39F).

William Hill have cut the price of snow on New Years day from 7/4 to 1/2 whilst London and Cardiff are 7/4 shots.

Spokesman Rupert Adams said: "The freeze is back with a bang and this time we could be in for a clobbering."

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Bring it on. All more work for me. Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

One (wo)man's meat is another (wo)man's poison!!! I hate the  stuff.  Unhappy                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Weather forecast for my area:   Minus 3 overnight, heavy frost in morning  =  mildest night for ages with no frost   Snow falling on the frost with up to 12 inches on high ground, up to 4 inches elsewhere  =  No snow at all, not even on top of Clee Hill   Its a good job i expect them to be wrong otherwise I would've cancelled 2 roof jobs ive done this morning, and 1 for this afternoon, and lost a days earnings!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Yeh Slidy,I'm working in Worcester expecting the worst Confused, but it's just a bit sleety so far,Do they really mean"severe weather warning?, cos it puts the fear of god into me!! I have to get back to Tenbury later,so I hope they are wrong!!!!!..Got my Christmas dinner from up the Clee Hill,twas a goose!!!
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

it will come to nothing.......roll on new years eve !!!!Heart                                                                                                                                                                             
sumodwarf's Profile
sumodwarf

In: billericay
6% Karma6% Karma 6% Karma6% Karma

NOT FAIR THE MIDDLE EARTHERS GET ALL THE FUN,I WANT SNOW                                                                                                                                                                              
darkcarnival's Profile
darkcarnival

In: Blackburn
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

I flippin dont! I cant cope with any more!                                                                                                                                                                             
micksaway's Profile
micksaway

In: Weymouth

Snow ?????    Confused   26 Deg C here   Had a look out but no sign of any. Will keep looking                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Well snow is here and still a falling about 1 inch up to now :(                                                                                                                                                                              
drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth

SNOW MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Do you think of i close my eyes and concentrate my snow man will come to life and fly me about the nights sky ???                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

That means the country will grind to a halt again like the other week in the usual hopeless fashion that is the UK.                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

I know great aint it lol Scotland gets it twice as bad as us but they carry on regardless, its been forecast for god knows how long, have i seen a grit wagon, have i feck !!!                                                                                                                                                                              
drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth

i seen one bj wen i were goin down tthe motorway, me car got covered in grit                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

My local radio had people moaning about no grit wagons. Heard it while i was driving mine. Confused Anyway most people on my route wont see me at 3 in the morning while their in their FECKING BEDS!! TWATS!! Angry                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

But if its been forecast to snow mid afternoon shud they not come out before that Ric or am i missing something ?                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Yes BJ they should. We go out when the road temperature is forecast to be 0 or below regardless of snow or ice. Specially if its been raining in the daytime. When we had the snow we were out all night from about 4pm to 7am. Then the day drivers took over while we went home to bed,then back in for the night run. When the snow is constant and below freezing the grit has trouble getting rid of it,so it means just going over it all the time. I have 2 routes,primary and secondary,secondary roads with schools,hospitals,hills etc. Its about 70 miles total and about 7 tonne of grit. Thats down here in Kent but can't say how other areas of the country operate. If they go out too late then the problems will start. And no grit doesn't rust your car/bike/tractor/shopping trolley or whatever.                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Tip my hat to u Ric cos i wudnt do it must be a thankless job with moaning gits like me having a go lol

I live on a major bus route and can honestly put my hand on heart and say road has not been gritted at all even for the last bout of snow, think Birmingham City Council must be on holiday :)
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

The local authority round where i live were slow as well,didn't even go out when we had the snow the other week. Fecking amateurs. Check this link,this is where the grit comes from. http://www.saltsense.co.uk/aboutsalt-prod03.htm                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 1.1719 seconds. There are 708 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption