Looking Back on 2009

40 Posts | Latest reply on 04/12/2009 10:29:19 by Rob1050 | Go to original / last post
mandi jay's Profile
mandi jay

In: Whitby
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

huge life change, but getting on with life slowly but surely with the help of brilliant kids, family & friends big Hug to them all                                                                                                                                                                               
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

within the last eighteen months i've had both my hips resurfaced. the second of these in august this year. which means for the first time for about ten years i'm pain free riding my bike.Big smile Shame i was made redundant in august as well. Geek                                                                                                                                                                             
drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

In this last year i have been to some great meets through BM, I have met loads of new peeps and made many good freinds, who I hope will be in my life for many years to come. I have also been to my first raly this year which woz the hop and barley, and found out just how much I like going to rallies, and love the biking lifestyle. I say roll on 2010 when i hope to meet more of you fab peeps from bm and attend more bike eventsBig smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Blueboy955i's Profile
Blueboy955i

In: Darlington

So many things to look back on in 2009.   I must admit that I look back at the huge learning curve that myself and a few friends had when we took on the organising of the first URE Welcome rally.  The stress was incredible at times, but we forged a close friendship and learnt a lot of lessons on the way.   Watching my two children turn into two level-headed and intelligent young adults, especially after losing their Mum only a few years back.   Meeting more good mates here on BM.  I know it sounds like a bit of a cliche, but it's true.   Personally, I think the realisation that I have the balls to finally give work the 'bird' (after 10 years) and think seriously about doing something I enjoy for a change.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Careful Blue...or u mite get arrested!Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

hmm - a bit of a crap year workwise/stresswise. I know that big companies don't "really" look after their staff - well they pay lip service to "looking after them"  & then shaft em when their back's turned!! Anyway - am on the verge of making a very life changing decision & moving down to Bournmouth, but haven't actually made the 'Final' decision yet!   Anyway - watch this space & we'll see what happens Confused   But yep - have to also 2nd everyone else's sentiments re BM - love the site, have met some fantastic people & been to some great meets/ride outs Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

Bournmouth? you ready for pipe and the big slipper H? Geek                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

lmao Blues - yeah - getting too old for the hills up here now LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley

crap year. Infact I can safely say that was the sixth on the trot.                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

GH then things can only get better for 2010 ................ think positive Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

"Its lovely to hear of all the romantic meetings and potential marriages on BM but spare a thought to the BM members with  not so happy stories and broken hearts!  To all those members who wish to meet the partner of their dreams and still havent"   Here, here.  I have been very lucky indeed this last year.  I've met a wonderful woman (admittedly in 2008) and life just seems to go from good to even better.   But I am also aware that there are many out there on this site who aren't so lucky.  Indeed this is one reason Roachy and I don't go on about each other too much, we know that many, although being very happy for us, will at the same time feel quite depressed about their own lot.   So for all those who haven't met someone this year or for those for whom life isn't a bed of roses right now, big hugs from me.                                                                                                                                                                             
davetheblade's Profile
davetheblade

In: wolverhampton

2009 has had its up's and down's for me..1st spilting up with the girlfrend in march,had to leave my new tvCry..various rides out that went ok and some that didnt LOL sending my new R1 up a field...went to the ilse of man in august and met someone newWinkgot on great.... then fell off at mountain box and wrecked my holsUnhappyso when i get back all is good with the new missis untill a month ago when she called it a dayConfused...looking forward to getting xmas out the way now as 2010 carnt be much worse....unless it goes tits up racingLOL...........                                                                                                                                                                              
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley

awww I feel much better now after a hoppy hug!                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

If you wake up each morning breathing its a good day anything else is a bonus Big smile                                                                                                                                                                              
sdv9r's Profile
sdv9r

In: Skelmersdale

2009 started well Big smile two bikes to choose from, scratch or potter style,charity trip to Scotland, I.O.M. and general good old ride outs...

Then it went to crap Unhappy in every department finally ending up with my girlfriend and top riding buddy (as in riding her bike for all the perverted minds out there) sacking me off......(everybody say awwww) Cry

Then a glimmer of hope, a ray of sunshine,a bright shinning star.......NO
 just a bunch of mad peeps at BM...... who have put a smile back on my face...thanks to you all Hug

Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

I reckon we should rename this club 'The Happy Sanctuary' lol   I remember my first visit here, I couldn't tear myself away, I'd not laughed so much in a long time, and I had a pile of washing to be done, and at that time there were a lot less members and only about 4 or 5 who used the forum. Also at that time we only had one forum.                                                                                                                                                                                        
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Matts Madhouse can have that effect on folk LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
babyharley's Profile
babyharley

In: Nottingham
10% Karma10% Karma 10% Karma10% Karma

hehe hear hear!  Id hate to think BM is a retreat for the not so lucky "victims" of life because good or bad, we all have our life experiences, good and bad times and are all different.  However, what I do know is that there are some great ppl on here, who love bikes,  to have a laugh and get together when possible so that's good enough for me.  Important to have some fun and laughter in amongst the crap times too...................if you are lucky enough to find more when good for you and hope for the rest of us!  All in all, BM is never short of fun, laughter, surprises so cheers for 2009 and lets hope we all get alot more in 2010! Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
bikerbitch's Profile
bikerbitch

In: Denbigh/Leigh

Smile2009 was a great touring year for me,I toured the whole of Ireland,1300 miles in total in 9 days,some terrific riding,I can recommend Ireland,saw some great sights,some hard riding,tough roads,and plenty of wet riding.............. come on 2010                                                                                                                                                                             
Rob1050's Profile
Rob1050

In: Redditch

Thumbs Up Spent a few days in Southern Ireland 3 years ago. Definately going back. Great roads, great people and the beer's not bad eitherBig smile                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.9531 seconds. There are 674 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption