Leonids Meteor Shower

12 Posts | Latest reply on 18/11/2009 20:15:03 by bigned | Go to original / last post
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I forgot all about this last night/this morning... best part of it has passed in the early hours of today, but they're still about for a few days, so get yourself out there tonight and see if you can spot a shooting star Big smile

Oh yeah... and ride yer bike to a suitable viewing point. *ahem* LOL Or fly out to China for an even better show. On your bike with wings?                                                                                                                                                                              
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york

Good one WB, any best time to be out there shivering? I saw some shooting stars the last time when TeeCee informed us...it was still summer then  lol   dont know why but the smileys ar'nt working on chrome tonight.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

According to Jodrell Bank, they're saying The peak activity is expected to be around 21:50 on the night of the 17th when the rate might easily exceed 100 metors per hour. If clear this is really well worth looking out for!

Oops... So I'm a day late - sue me! Wink I'm assuming that's UK time. A friend of mine saw 3 this morning (from the Midlands) about 6am. The best views are in the US and the Far East, but we should still be able to see some, especially if it stays clear.

Look towards Leo if you can find it Big smile

excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york

Got it thanks WB,i'll be outside with my blanket and whisky glass lol                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

they cool wannabe i use to watch them when i went camping as a kid on the old air fields at model air plane shows !Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Make it a hot toddy Billy! It's nippy out there.

They're brilliant to watch aren't they WN? I love the Perseid shower... probably cos it's in August and I'm a girlie wimp who likes to keep warm Wink

Spent a fantastic holiday in Cornwall a few years back, mostly sitting outside the tent, watching the free show all night Thumbs Up

It's a bit built up around here, so it's hard to see neat stuff in the sky... but I'll try!

WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

i might go up to the light house and watch from there thanks for the heads up !                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

What are all those lights in the sky? . . . opps ive fallen over!                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Oh no - have you been multitasking again Slidy?

Disclaimer: Do not attempt simultaneous meteor-spotting & walking/riding/driving/canoeing/etc Big smile

Bit cloudy here *tuts*

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Multitasking no - supping Guinness yes!   Didnt manage to spot any lastnight, eyesight probably not at its best (see above!) but i have been spoilt over the years. In my Merchant navy days we quite often spotted meteors, shooting stars, satellites etc. the lack of light polution mid ocean and 360degree views horizon to horizon makes the sights stunning!! and I wont even start on sailing through electrical storms . . . ok just a bit, lightening forking all around you so bright it turns night into day . . .ahhh memories!                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Bit cloudy again tonight, but they should still be around... not in quite the numbers they were before.

I had planned to take in a solar eclipse out to sea somewhere... but the money wouldn't play ball *tuts* Got to be the absolute best way to see stuff like that. I love a good storm too... only I'd probably be pooping myself if I was on the sea in one... is that why they have a poop deck?

*I'll get me coat*

The old ones are old....
bigned's Profile
bigned

In: Eastriggs
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

didn,t see any up here !!   was lookin towards leo but the b$****d woudn,t stand still !!!!LOL     guess i should be prepaired to be slapped by wannabe for that ?Tongue                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4883 seconds. There are 998 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption