BikerMatch forums are not Twitter v2

52 Posts | Latest reply on 18/11/2009 01:23:18 by bikerchick1966 | Go to original / last post
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

In: Stockport
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

see ya there mandi about 10 pm..ish                                                                                                                                                                             
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

In: Stockport

i finish work at 9   so don't get on till 10ish     but  sometimes  have family to talk to first on phone etc....                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

i like one linners it gets too much when peeps rite a hole page of stuff its like a novel some times i got say Matt you realy do need to be more spersific about what u dont want as it is getting very confusing now ! all the waffle cant go in the chat room either because we arnt all in there at the same time hence we post its wot forums are int it ?                                                                                                                                                                             
drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth

wn u got me confused nowLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Must admit i am getting more and more confused as the days go by, surely this all accumulates to the old adage of personal perception and how we as individuals read somebody elses words and interpret them.  What one person finds amusing another may not for example.

Individuallity makes us all quintessential unique beings and i for one am glad i am Thumbs Up

Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Basically what Matt is asking of us is not to post about every little detail of our lives, no matter how happy we are, cos it's driving some of us nuts.   It's causing annoyance on the forums an Matt doesn't want that.                                                                                                                                                                               
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

I can appreciate and comprehend what Matt is saying, but am still confused as to what the middle ground is?

Some are annoyed by it some are not, which is the majority?  and how do you find out ?  People i should imagine ( and i am more than willing to accept the opposite if this is deemed untrue, tis just my opinion) only tend to pm Matt if they are unhappy about something, so therefore a true gauge surely can not be made.

Not trying to cause disagreement just saying what is in my head at this present moment (not always a good thing i know)
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
59% Karma59% Karma 59% Karma59% Karma

Just found this thread and have to say i agree with Matt. This is not twitter v2 it's a biker site. I just don't need to continuously know about people being sad they are missing and happy they are seeing each other.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

There's nothing wrong with chat and banter.

It's not chat and banter that's putting people off visiting the forums. It's the mundane, repetitive "so & so just sent me a text", "xyz's cooking my tea", "abc's coming round tomorrow, and next weekend and probably a week on Thursday too"... No sh1t?! You've been seeing 'em for months, you'd never guess they might be popping round your house! Fancy that! Shocked

The old "If you don't like it, don't read it" isn't that effective as there's no escape from it. On other social networking sites, you can block the user's newsfeed from your page or stop "following" them etc.

I frequently block people from my pages as I simply don't need to hear that their baby's just puked/pooed/burped/smiled/laughed/etc every single damned time it happens! LOL

When I first started seeing a BM member, I made mention of the fact that he'd sent me flowers the day after our first date in the "happy" thread. I personally don't think there's anything wrong with the occasional post like that. The problem arises, in my opinion, when it's constant.

I would personally dislike these forums if they were strictly "bike-related only" posts, because I don't yet ride and would be unable to contribute most of the time.

But if they were to be made strictly bike oriented, I wouldn't go around posting that I didn't give a **** and telling everyone "tough luck, I'll post how I like." It's a little concept known as "respect".

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Thanks for bringing this up Matt, hopefully most people have read it now. Im just off for a quick cruise around the forums, hopefully I wont have to swerve around too many discarded toys & dummies today and have a laugh while (hopefully) learning a thing or two!!
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

In: West Yorks

I'm sure Matt doesn't want to run a tight ship which is overly moderated but to do that, he relies on his members to exercise a bit of common sense and moderate themselves, be that by not swearing or not littering the forums with *too many* of the same type of posts. No-one is saying or suggesting that no-one should ever post but I think Lou summed it up nicely with her post.   This is just my opinion which anyone is free to disgree with but I'd hope they do so in a polite manner.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I never use the chat room and dont even like the chat option on other sites, and occasionally i pop up now and again in the forums, there is nothing wrong with this and even conversations indirectly take place on some posts, I came on this site to try and find my soulmate, but i am more than happy to use it as a social site with like minded people, many who I class as friends, but I do think the repetitive posting of some things on here are a bit overboard, but as long as they are on the right post then thats thier choice and i could choose not to read.....I dont think this will be even mentioned come the summer months when we are all out on the road more(or loved up) or both....craig
Cruiser gal's Profile
Cruiser gal

In: Tamworth
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

Well summed up Wannabe and Roachy and thanks Matt for bringing this subject up.   It's not an easy task running a site when you also hold down a full time job, keep up the good work Matt as I know this site has not only helped a lot of people to forge good friendships it has also bought many people together as girlfriends/boyfriends/partners and even spouses.                                                                                                                                                                             
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley

I've just farted.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

We definitely need that *rolls eyes* smiley Matt! There's always one! LOL

*slaps Ghosty for good measure*

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

yes, but that was funny,!!! I don't know an awful lot about bikes, but I love the banter and don't like to feel that what I say may be classed as "drivel", this is a dating site amongst other things isn't it???and silly things do get said, if you don't like them ignore them and the one posting the so called "drivel" will soon give up and move on!!!Smile. I for one find drivel quite amusing sometimes....sorry an all that
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

I have to say, I find some posts quite repetitive and it isn't annoying as such, just a little boring!  And I think this is the issue.   There's nothing wrong with banter, but we do need to ensure that the site remains interesting for all.                                                                                                                                                                             
Rob1050's Profile
Rob1050

In: Redditch

Only been here a couple of weeks but I find this site a pretty good mix of bike stuff and complete bCensoreds, which suits me fine.   If there's a topic I'm not interested in/bored with I move on to the next. And the primary reason for joining the site is going pretty well tooSmile                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

yes, but that was funny,!!!

I know... hence my LOL

I'd still like to be able to do a *rolls eyes* smiley though Wink

Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

In: Hull
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

Ahh but is this site for those who wish "to wit" or "to woo" lol                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7031 seconds. There are 1068 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption