BikerMatch forums are not Twitter v2

52 Posts | Latest reply on 18/11/2009 01:23:18 by bikerchick1966 | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Please understand that the BikerMatch forums are not your personal bulletin board for every fart and burp you make.  It's not twitter!  LOL For those of you wanting to let everyone know what you're up to today, etc... go in the chatroom.  That's where the chit-chat needs to be.   The forums are again becoming full of spam and junk, and I'm getting lots of complaints about it.   Thanks                                                                                                                                                                             
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

In: Stockport
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

ohhh Matt   i am a lady  (!)  i don't do that!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

then why have so many different threads covering all aspects of life matt, we have been here before ???                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Please understand that the BikerMatch forums are not your personal bulletin board for every fart and burp you make...   Oh bugger, I was hoping to get my karma up, now how will I manage?     LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

pm sent matt !                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

This is coming from the majority of forum users who are sick of the one-line, one-word answers to every topic, or people posting generally everything about their lives.   Please keep it to the chatroom.  Hopefully if we all keep this kinda chat to the chatroom then the chatroom will actually get used more also                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

think we are all guilty of it, but dont know how you will stop thread going off track...even a straight forward one about baffles started to go off track....                                                                                                                                                                             
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

as a chat  room user  it  seems  to be the same  lovely people in there  all the  time   but others  do pop  in.....having said that  it  is hard  to pop in and  say all you want to say when we are all jabbering on   ..... so the forums are used  when you want to say /or add to a thread   ...omg it's  a hard one
Matt's Profile
Matt

some of the things being dumped in the forums at the moment though are just ridiculous.   Topics going off in another direction is one thing, but posting about your neighbour painting his door last weekend just isn't necessary                                                                                                                                                                             
anneka56's Profile
anneka56

hmmm ok yeah  i can understand  that                                                                                                                                                                             
mandi jay's Profile
mandi jay

In: Whitby

Have to say that I'm a bit confused now about what the forums are for??? cos they do seem to cover alot of varied topics, and yes some of them do get abit silly, but hopefully its all lighthearted banter cos it is after all supposed to be somewhere to make friends Handshake I keep looking at the chat room, but don't feel confident enough to jump in there, ....YET! cos like anneka says it does seem like everyone is just jabbering on (no offence intended), and it's hard to follow what people are on about if there's more than a couple of them. at least with the forums I can read what people have put, take it in and post a reply if I feel it's relevent to the topic. so HELP ......PLEASE???? Confused cos I'd like to keep contributing to the forums without offending anyone until I feel ready to dive in to the chatroom                                                                                                                                                                              
Cruiser gal's Profile
Cruiser gal

In: Tamworth
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

mandi don't feel afraid to join in the chatroom, yeah a lot of jabering goes on but also a lot of help, advice and friendship can be found on there. Look forward to saying hi to you in there real soon.                                                                                                                                                                              
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

wot are we sapose to do then just sit and wait tillsome one puts something on and then contribute or can we allso speak up i dont see wot the fuss is about                                                                                                                                                                              
drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth

mandi,give the chatroom a try, there is often a few convos goin on but just jump in and say hi, we are all freindly in there and although we do waffle on a bit and sometimes loose the plot but you will get the jist of it. It is always nice to see new peeps in chat, you and any other peeps will be more than welcomedBig smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Don't worry about it mandi jay I don't think Matt begrudges us our 'banter' I think he just doesn't want our 'drivel'.                                                                                                                                                                              
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

That would surely depend on the context matt. If it was just an observation then yes. But if while painting his door he tripped and poured paint all over the copper who had just stopped said observer for speeding on his fire blade. I would find that funny. I'd also find it funny if someone got burgled cus they'd posted on here every week for the last 6 months where they were going to be every weekend. without the burgaling bit it's just gets tedious. Geek                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

PML @ Blues (ya lickle stirrer you) LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

here we go round the merry go round  agian !                                                                                                                                                                              
mandi jay's Profile
mandi jay

In: Whitby

Thanks ladies Hug . might try chatroom out tomorrow. right now I need some shut eye, work tomorrow Sleepy. night x                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

here we go round the merry go round  agian !   LOL and there we go with our one liners Oops! Embarrassed LOL                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6875 seconds. There are 724 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption