The 33bhp certificate rip off

24 Posts | Latest reply on 16/11/2009 23:47:39 by Brummie Jackie | Go to original / last post
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I understand young lads either not bothering or de-restricting their bikes. My first bike was a brand new ER50, restricted to 30mph in 1980. Needless to say my first job was to split the exhaust in half and take out the restrictors then swap the front sprocket for a DT 14 tooth. A weeny bit slower acceleration but 48mph downhill!!

I had mates who rode 400 superdreams stickered up as 250's, one lad passed his test on his so is all this restricting bo**ocks the answer or should they stick with maximum engine size and let peeps enjoy their bikes???
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

Whichiever way you do it your restricting the rider which is a good thing for learners. Having a learner out on an unretricted large sports bike is like giving a five year old a loaded gun. if it's done on engine size then they'll just keep upping the power. a mix probably would be good. engine size and a cosponding power limit for size of engine. would be costly though for just uk market. Geek                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

I think Blues is right .. up to a point lol!   I think limiting it by engine size is not the way to go, as he quite rightly says, all they'll do is keep increasing the power.   I personally think that what they've got now is pretty much right.  Not a fan of DAS and never have been as I've mentioned several times before.  Sticking a novice onto a modern unrestricted sports bike is crazy in my opinion.    I do think that a maximum power and a separate maximum power to weight ratio is the way to go, but would suggest that the current restrictions are slightly on the low side; perhaps 40-45bhp is the ideal?   This would have two advantages from what I can see.   Firstly it would offer less of a jump to a large sports bike than the current restriction of 33bhp.  And secondly, with far more machines making no more than 45bhp as standard than there are those making 33; to encourage novices to buy restrictor kits for larger bikes instead of simply buying within the sub-45bhp range, those kits would have to be priced more competitively.                                                                                                                                                                                 
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
90% Karma90% Karma 90% Karma90% Karma

Do not profess to be an expert on the matter just posting a news story which i thought may be interesting to some folk and useful to others                                                                                                                                                                               

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5156 seconds. There are 1189 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption