Opinions Sought

10 Posts | Latest reply on 13/11/2009 12:31:15 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Kawasaki Eliminator 250cc P reg (1996)   Some of you may already know that I'm selling my bike, what I would like to know is do you think I'd get much for it if I broke it up and sold it off in parts?                                                                                                                                                                                  
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

For an older bike thats always an option,but you might have to wait a while to get rid of the parts...maybe 1st reconsider your asking price? cant remember what it was though.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

I've waited about 6 years to sell the bike so a bit longer aint goin to kill me, but it would be a shame for it to rot away.     I've reduced the price already, it's now at £500 and I aint going lower than that, it's a lot less than I paid for it and a lot less than it's worth.     Details here:   http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?to...ic_id=4452                                                                                                                                                                                 
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Would you px it for a pickled egg.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i think you would be stryggling to get askingprice kwak, the market has plummutted, i paid 4000 6 monthd ago for my blackbird, and got offered 2675 by a dealer the other day, so if you plan to ride the bike one day i would say keep it...or except you may only get a couple of hundred quid for it...or seriously think about the pickled egg !!!!(last bit was a joke )
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
75% Karma75% Karma 75% Karma75% Karma

Ian's right, and it's also the wrong time of the year for selling a bike. You'd get better money if you waited until the spring.
A big plus would be tax and MoT so a buyer could ride away. As it stands, it's been off the road for six years and is a spares or repair job, despite the low miles.                                                                                                                                                                             
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york

Agree with Ian and Wills,i sold my bike in pretty good condition mot'd and taxed ready to ride for not much more than you're asking Sandi!In your position you can afford to wait maybe,but in the long term it may lose more value...its a catch 22 situation,you sell now you lose,you wait you lose unfortunately.
Rob1050's Profile
Rob1050

In: Redditch

Unfortunately, if it needs work, it gives any potential buyer a big lever to negotiate on the price.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Wills is right about the time fo year to buy/sell bikes. However, if it is in need of work, there are people out there who like to have a 'garage project' to play with over these cold, dark ,wet months, so you can advertise it as such, but be prepared to be knocked down on your asking price.
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

actdaft, NO!! I can't stand pickled eggs Sick lol, ta for offer tho.   Thanks also to Ian, Wills, excal, Rob and Slidy for your input.   I know about time of year for selling, MOT, etc but I was wanting to know about breaking it, if I'd get more money.   As a whole bike it would really pee me off to take less than I'm asking but the way things are going it looks like I'm going to have to.   If I'm going to get peanuts for it I may as well break it. May get more that way.   Cheers again everyone.   Now where did I put that hammer?                                                                                                                                                                                   

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4375 seconds. There are 925 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption