Leathers or Texiles

33 Posts | Latest reply on 04/11/2009 09:41:13 by TeeCee | Go to original / last post
yorkshireman91's Profile
yorkshireman91

In: Bridlington
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Leathers and Texiles both have there there good points and there bad points but for every day riding or even a thrash out into the country side on a hot day what do you prefere and why?

Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

In: Hull
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

Hot day leathers!!! Cooler than textiles (well mine are compaired to my textiles lol) and a great deal tougher if the unthinkble happens                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

Most of my riding gear is Icon (and I can't praise it highly enough!).   I have leather jacket and leather overtrousers for high speed/inclement weather and a (very short) textile jacket (with zip-off sleeves) for warm weather worn with Icon kevlar jeans.   If it's really warm, I just wear my Bulletproof hoody or long sleeve t-shirt which both have built in (but discrete) protection.   Also have a load of thermal riding gear both separates and one pieces. When I am riding I want to be as comfortable as possible which is why I have given myself as wide a choice as possible with my kit.   Must admit, I love riding on a hot Summer's evening on a deserted road with the wind flapping around a long sleeved t-shirt... feels kinky! Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

yep... always leathers when the weather's ok. Armoured gortex when it's a bit dodgy/cold. Feel 'safer' in leathers (I know it's prob not much difference....just phsychological really)                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
94% Karma94% Karma 94% Karma94% Karma

TC how big is your wardrobe prey tell and what else kinky is it in ???                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

Erm BJ, that is another thread completely (and probably on another site too!!).... Ermm                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Embarrassed erm ..................
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

ooo ooo TC - which site?? Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

He heh... I ain't saying nuffin! Getting back on topic (or maybe not) my leather jacket is so supple and tight fitting that it feels like a second skin anyway.   And I love the way it creaks with every movement of my body...   But the textile wins when it is hot as it is much easier to wear/carry when I have reached my destination. Really need to lay off the choccies when I wear it though, it is super tight and super short (like a bolero jacket).                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

Stop it will ya TC...you're getting me all excited!!!!...........   Drools at the thought of men in (tight) leather......Heart Embarrassed Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley

I lick ladies in either!                                                                                                                                                                             
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

jeans and Tee shirt yorkie thats me                                                                                                                                                                              
babyharley's Profile
babyharley

In: Nottingham
10% Karma10% Karma 10% Karma10% Karma

leathers always for me.................got heavier armoured set for cooler weather/winter and can get me layers on underneath too so Winknice and snug.  Lighter weight set (tassels, Harley trousers) for summer riding..............always cool yet still look the part and in my head, offer some protection too (although probably is only in my head in reality lol!).  Protect both sets with Renapur.....after about 5 applications they're fairly water tight and you can see it running off them but need to reapply every so often too!  Always wear a full face lid tho..............plus proper cruiser boots.............feels safer and more comfortable to ride in anway, but that's just me and my preferences - each to their own!
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

I've only got my leathers so can't really comment, I do find my leather trousers somewhat 'restrict' my ability to climb aboard a fully loaded bike, so was thinking of textile bottoms after chatting to Roachy about hers a while back at mine.  Thanks for all the tips on makes/textiles when I do get around to buying some - guess at the end of the day though you buy the best that you can afford.  I did however notice in a bike mag this week that the most expensive isn't  always necessarily the best  Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley

I have Old BMW textile bottoms and a JTS jacket. Last JTS jacket lasted 5 years for £85. Too many people chase labels ans as Nut so rightly states, you don't always get what you pay for.   I used JTS under a recommendation, quite Happy with them and no, my 1 piece will not be seen in public again! lol                                                                                                                                                                             
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york

I have 1 of each leather and textile jackets and pants, normally i feel comfortable in my kevlar camo pants with either jacket,sometimes the WN kit is tempting too.                                                                                                                                                                             
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

awwwwwwwww, so the babygrows never going to be seen again Jim ?!!!LOL   I've always been happy with my JTS purchases, thanks for the recommendation and lift to get them last year Jim Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Wraith750's Profile
Wraith750

In: Stevenage
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

I use leathers & textiles for different types of riding or journeys.
I have a Frank thomas 2-piece leathers which I much prefer for good weather,any journey,or for poor & indecisive weather I use a Frank thomas armoured textile jacket with Weise armoured textile trousers.
All have removable thermal liners anyway,in case it is a bit cooler.
I also have a set of old matching(to the bike) 1-piece leathers with no armour which are still comfortable to ride in-trouble is they have no pockets,which is a shame;nowhere to keep your wallet.
At this years BMF I managed to pick up one of these mesh lightweight jackets with armour which was excellent for those scorching summer days we occasionally get.
A flip front lid gives the best of everything if it has a flipdown sunvisor too.Riding with the front raised on a hot day certainly keeps you just that bit cooler.
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Must admit u cant beat a man in leather Wink

TC the addy of that other site wud be gud lol

Roachy's Profile
Roachy

In: West Yorks

The only leathers I've come close to halfway feeling comfortable in were a 2 piece Dainese set costing £550 in the sale - needless to say, I'm still without leathers.   I'm quite happy in my textiles, esp now I've got a goretex suit and I've swopped the knee armour for Hein Gerickes soft floppy stuff which is much more comfortable.   I will need to get leathers at some point though if I want to take my bike on the track - which I do.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7188 seconds. There are 1097 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption