Riding - Dont Wimp Out in Winter

47 Posts | Latest reply on 02/11/2009 10:09:40 by Brummie Jackie | Go to original / last post
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

just waved my mates off after wkend stay they got to ride home in pouring rain and winds but they only ride bikes so its just a means to an ends got the gear wots the probs !                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

got to agree with PP regarding snow and ice, but apart from that I ride all year in all weather conditions and dont always get it right!!! if you suspect rain my advice is suit and boot up early, saves getting wet later.... As for cold there are plenty of thermal type clotheing on market, or plenty of thin layers to keep warm, but dont want to restrict movement!!!! Heated grips,,,,i have not got these as yet but they will be my next purchase,,,nothing worse than cold hands!! Last but not least , if you dont enjoy riding in adverse weather conditions then DONT do it,,,,take the car                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

'take the car'   I was lucky when I had my bike, we didn't have many really bad weather days, (plenty of rain tho) so I rode almost all year round. Unfortunately I don't have a bike on the road anymore and I don't have the luxury of a second mode of transport, hence my regular plea for a pillion ride.                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Just got back for an incredibly wet but warmish breakfast run with a mate on his ninja 9 and me on the blade.  Met one other idiot at the cafe on a hog dresser - all agreed we were having fun any way and under neath all the gortex we were snug.  I agree ice and the like is diffenrt but rain and a bit of southern cold (meaning spring for the northern contingent) - no worries
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

In: Hull
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

Where's all this rain we were promised!!!! I wanted to test my gear after Nickwaxing it lol, I've been lucky in the past to own both car "sorry to swear" and bike across winters and inverably used the bike all through, only occasionally using car to take mum and daughter shopping lol, or to do a big shop myself! Currantly having re built my CB I'd love to be able to afford a 2nd bike trailie or something equally robust for winter or a cage as mother missing being ferried about at xmas, I quite like to run her around to be totally honest but as out of work with no spare funds it's not going to happen this year................... As to keeping bike in fine fettle Tins of WD and having the pressure washer ready each time i come home will hopefully keep my baby looking as SWEET as she does now!!!!
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

following my last post my freinds made it home but not wothout insadent it wasnt the weather it was a car opening there sodding door and hit his bike     strange part though the car was indercating right moved over to the white line my mate rode past on the left hand side when the passenger opend the door ! in the middle of the feking rd  took hie mirror off and his oil filler plug on there pan european brused pillian foot too   so it dont matter what the weather like its still the tin canners u gotta watch out for !                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

Hope your mates OK twinnie                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3281 seconds. There are 911 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption