You can take my freedom but u wont get my bike !!!!!

19 Posts | Latest reply on 29/10/2009 19:10:06 by Rob1050 | Go to original / last post
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

A motorcyclist chose to go to jail rather than give up his R6. Dean Houilbecq, 25, from Guernsey, was sentenced to 28 days in prison after failing to hand over the Yamaha in payment of court debts. He could have won his freedom at any point simply by surrendering the bike to Guernsey’s HM Sheriff but chose instead to serve his time. The builder had been given until September 24 to find £1,106.01 for debt and compensation orders including £750 for damage caused when he reversed a car into another vehicle. Instead of handing over the bike as ordered, he said he had given it to a friend. After hearing he’d only managed pay off £20, Judge Russell Finch imposed an immediate custodial sentence but ordered Houilbecq could be released if the debt was paid or the bike surrendered.                                                                                                                                                                              
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

1st question...whats the bike worth and is it payed up? 2nd question...If he's employed.will he lose his job? 3rd question...1 months pay + debt + costs = ? and finally will his serving time plus getting a criminal record be the end of it or must he still pay up. I say he's stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one!
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

He should of payed the money then he would still be out riding it. Chances are it will still be repossessed so he will lose all round if he doesn't pay the money thats owed. He won't be able to but anything on credit now as he'll have a criminal record for non payment.                                                                                                                                                                             
yorkshireman91's Profile
yorkshireman91

In: Bridlington

we all love our bikes and so do i but i enjoy my freedom much more if i was in this situation id hand the bike over, after all id only have to wait a while until i could afford a new one and i wouldn't have to go to prison get a criminal record and damage my prospects of gettin a job that would allow me to aford to run a bike in the first place
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

hmmmm ! R6 or dont reach for the soap or youll squeell piggy id have paid up ! and bought a banger then made a gun powder plot and blow up parliment ! that could work u know                                                                                                                                                                               
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york

Thought there was no easy way out,I'd have done what Wheely says,hand over R6 and start from scratch,now he's got zero + a record f#ck that it's a no brainer!                                                                                                                                                                             
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

Maybe wrong but usually fines in criminal procedings are in lieu of a prison sentence. so once sentence is carried out there is no fine to pay so no repossesion. I've also had relatives inprisoned for non payment of fines. doesn't work with court orders and the like though.Geek                                                                                                                                                                             
vinnie's Profile
vinnie

In: Harrogate

Numpty!                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

What can i say it was a man after all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                              
yorkshireman91's Profile
yorkshireman91

In: Bridlington

were not all that daft BJ LOL hehehe                                                                                                                                                                              
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
61% Karma61% Karma 61% Karma61% Karma

They could have one of mine, i'd still have 4 more                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Bill stop showing off :)                                                                                                                                                                              
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

Don't know what you mean Jackie, did i tell you i have 5 cars as well                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Now thats just mega showing off now lol

(what have u got, can i drive em lol)

Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

There's 7 pedal bikes you could choose from or how about a radio controlled car                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

Do any have seats big enough to erm ........... accomodate my ample rearage lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

That could be a problem, may lose the seat                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

BIll how rude lol true but still ...............                                                                                                                                                                             
Rob1050's Profile
Rob1050

In: Redditch

According to this weeks MCN, the guy had just returned to the road after 10 years of bans, ranging from speeding to no insurance.   Sounds like a complete tCensoredr                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8047 seconds. There are 600 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption