Urban Myths?

95 Posts | Latest reply on 17/11/2009 15:11:36 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Is it true that you can legally break the speed limit whilst overtaking as long as you pull straight back in and reduce speed??

I was told by a nightshift trucker average speed cameras don't work in the dark as they've no infra-red lenses and they can only 'see' forwards so can't detect bikes??

Women can cook?

Any other myth's anyone would like cracking Wink

WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

In: Near Driffield

i did it passing a speed camera in gas van so yes think so                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

did what Neal? Confused                                                                                                                                                                              
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

over took and back in again slowed down then got away with it                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

LOL ... funny you should mention that as its something that came up today whilst I was out riding ...   As I was informed ... the speed limit is just that ... a limit to the maximum you can do ... not a target to be smashed no matter what your doing Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

So Neal are you saying the speed camera knew you were carrying out an overtake manouvre and let you off! You didn't see it wink at you as you passed it did you? Wink

shell, who informed you, i'm trying to crack the myth so we need good authority Thumbs Up

Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

It was a police officer I know Big smile   He is also a traffic cop.                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

Nice one shell, now we're talking Thumbs UpWink                                                                                                                                                                              
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

mobile speed unit Tezza no winking involved                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

Ahh undystandy Neal Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
Blueboy955i's Profile
Blueboy955i

In: Darlington

I considered joining the Inst. of Advanced Motorcyclists a few years back and the local group work closely with the bike section at Durham plod.  At one meeting at plod HQ, they used the phrase 'making progress' which meant that you could exceed the speed limit for as long as it took to overtake a vehicle, but they stressed that you should immediately return to your lane and reduce to the applicable speed limit for that section of road.   With regard to average speed cameras, they cannot get your registration plate, but I am aware of bikers who have broken the speed limit and had pictures of their bike taken only to be caught at a later date thanks to specific leather colours/bike decals etc. I am also led to believe that if you enter an average speed limit section in lane 1 (for example) and leave in a different lane (i.e. lane 2) then the average cannot be calculated.   I have also been told that Ladies can cook! Wink                                                                                                                                                                                 
micksaway's Profile
micksaway

In: Weymouth

tuck in behind truck passing camera then cant find average.                                                                                                                                                                              
WheelyNealy's Profile
WheelyNealy

cant average a bike anyway they facing wrong way ! lol                                                                                                                                                                             
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley

yes they can Neal. And I know of people whos job it is to track down the owners via the DVLA database.   Example, there are 200 registered bikes of x make and model, of those x number are the same colour, from those x number of riders have such and such helmet etc.   Don't run the risk because you will be caught eventually.                                                                                                                                                                             
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

oh...and women can cook...except for my mum who's kitchen is known as the burns unit.   I'm sure it used to say in the highway code that it was acceptable to pass through a speed limit to overtake provided you dropped down again sharpish.                                                                                                                                                                                 
micksaway's Profile
micksaway

I have 5 helmits 4 jackets and 2 sets of fairing for my bike take them a while to sort that out                                                                                                                                                                             
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

whats a helmit? is it a german one? lol                                                                                                                                                                             
micksaway's Profile
micksaway

I use the school of if you know what I mean its close enough when it comes to spelling                                                                                                                                                                             
micksaway's Profile
micksaway

Think one of them is German                                                                                                                                                                             
Throttle Jockey's Profile
Throttle Jockey

In: Loughborough

I have heard that if you change lanes in average speed camera areas they cant get you, I also tuck in behind trucks. As yet i have never had a speeding ticket from one of these scameras but I am not going to be the one who tries to speed willingly and try the above methods of avoidance. I do however drive with out the front numberplate on my van - well it is on the front but in the windscreen - and that bloody paper keeps sliding on top of it LOL My van is white - let them try and trace that LOL

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.9063 seconds. There are 615 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption