Have any BM'rs managed to "quit"...

102 Posts | Latest reply on 04/10/2009 13:04:51 by Roaring Ruby | Go to original / last post
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

why Terence, I have no idea what you mean..........Embarrassed                                                                                                                                                                             
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york

If i'd have kept all the pipes and lighters i've given away each time i quit i'd have a nice collection by now! lol                                                                                                                                                                             
vinnie's Profile
vinnie

In: Harrogate

Nope!

Not even going to try.

33 years behind the tab and proud of it, in fact smoking even more to make up for all the amateurs who are quitting.                                                                                                                                                                             
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

good on you Vinnie thats just the kind of encouragement quitters need.lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

At least Vinnie is being honest with himself.                                                                                                                                                                             
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

Agreed RD but nevertheless to anyone trying good luck , i read an article a while back that the most difficult habit to kick is ciggie smoking and i'm inclined to believe that it is.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I wish them luck as well Ex. It is hard i should imagine. Maybe if they made patches cheaper then a packet of fags it would be more of an incentive. Unless they are now,i don't know the prices.                                                                                                                                                                             
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

i used niccorete gum flying over and i still could'nt wait on landing , i'll give it a try again....sometime                                                                                                                                                                              
vinnie's Profile
vinnie

Hey listen, us smokers should be lauded as heroes. we keep the country going.

Don't believe me, read on

£6 Billion in taxes paid in each year.

£1 Billion taken out each year - the cost to the national health to treat our self inflicted diseases.

Most of us die young so we aren't a burden on the state in our old age.

Even more money saved.

So rather than castigating us for our filthy habit, celebrtate us because in the long run we're saving you, the smoke free population, shit loads of money.

If smoking was banned the loss in revenue would mean everybody paying an extra 10p in the pound in income tax.

I want a Medal, NOW!, for my devotion to my country's well being
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe

Patches are free now RD if you attend a weekly clinic and blow in the machine to prove you're CO clean. Just don't smoke within 2 hours of the clinic and you get a pat on the back and another wadge of gum, inhilators, zyban, patches and every other anti-smoking bo**ocks.

Vinnie what a great philosophy. I wonder if the government would consider prescribing us free fags and charging non smokers for them!
Throttle Jockey's Profile
Throttle Jockey

In: Loughborough

Its a great feeling of achievement when you do give up though - I still feel elated everytime I think about it. I will never go back to the wicked weed. I wish anyone who is trying to give up the very best of luck. It is really hard so get as much help and advice as possible - your doctor will help and I tried the lot - Zyban did it for me.
dave23's Profile
dave23

In: Cardiff

Vinnie are those figures correct?? If so I want to apply for a rebate for all the years I smoked.. We should if we can get you on the New Years Honours list for your devotion to the cause..lol                                                                                                                                                                              
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe

Tried zyban twice TJ, made me fags taste like sh*te so I binned the tablets, no contest LOL

Seriously I'll say no more on this subject as there are probably peeps on here genuinely trying to pack in, good luck Thumbs Up

vinnie's Profile
vinnie

RK.

If they thought there was money or votes in it, who knows.                                                                                                                                                                             
vinnie's Profile
vinnie

Dav, I want a place in the House Of Lords, I think I've paid my dues.                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Vinnie for Prime Minister thats what i say Tongue                                                                                                                                                                              
vinnie's Profile
vinnie

Why not, I can lie and bullshit with the best of them.                                                                                                                                                                             
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

a lot of sense spoken there , "where" depends on the camp your in                                                                                                                                                                              
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Exc

a lot of sense spoken there

was that referring to me cheers LOL

Roaring Ruby's Profile
Roaring Ruby

In: Cardiff

Gien up...Started agaig...given up.....etc....   Have now given  up ,giving up.....Big smile   Twould be dangerous 4 me to give up,anyway...Id be a nightmare to others .......Angry                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8438 seconds. There are 625 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption