Have any BM'rs managed to "quit"...

102 Posts | Latest reply on 04/10/2009 13:04:51 by Roaring Ruby | Go to original / last post
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

smoking that is,i've tried many times and always found enough excuses to light up again...i've almost given up trying to give up!!                                                                                                                                                                              
cissystar650's Profile
cissystar650

In: Hook

Hats off to you for trying Exc.... I don't even try to stop! Keep trying...it might work one day!                                                                                                                                                                             
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

Thanx Cissy,i believe we all want to quit and know that we should,but it sure ain't easy..more difficult than a lot worse habits to chuck off.                                                                                                                                                                             
cissystar650's Profile
cissystar650

I do smoke roll ups though and have more than halved my consumption.... I tell myself that's better than doing nowt!   I would love to wake up tomorrow and just never want to smoke again, and never think of it......                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Nope never tried,enjoy it and ain't no-one going to stop me. I know its dangerous for me but then so is crossing the road,not exercising,eating fast food,drinking alcohol/coffee/tea,working on the roads,riding a motorcycle,driving a car and anything else the "people in the know" tell us.                                                                                                                                                                             
drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth

I gave up smokin yrs ago and have neva had the desire 2 go bak 2 them, it took quite a few attempts tho, u will do it when yr ready excaliber. shame dietin is sooooooo bloomin hard though                                                                                                                                                                             
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

Thats been my reason as well for years RD and the biggest problem is as you say *we enjoy it* , but i envy none smokers and if i could turn the clock back , i would'nt have taken that first pull.                                                                                                                                                                             
cissystar650's Profile
cissystar650

Don't get me wrong RD... I enjoy smoking... but hate that as a singer it is the worst possible thing.... hmmmm *lights a fag* hehe                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I've managed 26 years without a fag, so thats going pretty good.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Can understand what your saying Cissy as a singer but alot of famous singers smoke. Its all a government plan to do away with us unwashed biker types i tell ya. Angry As for turning the clock back,yeah would like to do the same cos fags were cheaper then. LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

I have a brother in law AND a son in law that are weekend smokers and i dont know how the f**k they do it! good on you SS.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I am only 26 years old btw :)                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

So am i. LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

RD lol , today still , a pack of 20 camels in South Africa cost just over 1pnd lesser known brands about 85p , no encouragement to quit there at these prices                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

We are just being screwed up the Censored on tax like normal.
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

I guess its the price over here that jolted my thinking of quitting again...funny thing is , where its not allowed i seem to manage...planes,trains,pubs and so on ...obviously riding the bike , i wont stop just for a fag ,will you???                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

If i'm on a long journey then i will have one when i stop for fuel,and with my tank its about every 70 miles. (aren't custom tanks great?) As for flying its a case of having to put up with it but when i'm out the other end i'll light up. Don't really drink in pubs over here so its not a problem.                                                                                                                                                                             
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

RD when we entered terminal 5 the only thing i could think of was getting out of the building lol , my poor wife had to check baggage etc..and she smokes too.                                                                                                                                                                             
bikerchick1966's Profile
bikerchick1966

In: Derby

Excalibur....I used to smoke a lot..one day I just woke up and thought that was it...and I haven't looked back especially when I gave up a packet of 20 were £2 now they are £6!!!!

I am going to be completely honest though...I still want one all these many years later...but its the cost that puts me off and the modern inconvenience of being a smoker...sometimes and only sometimes I give in and have the odd one..but I never ever want to return to smoking all the time..

Good luck...(oh yes just put the money you would spend on cigarettes, roll ups etc in a jar instead of buying them..that will give you a huge incentive to stop..it is amazing how much there is in that jar at the end of even a week!!)
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

It is difficult to wait but what can we do? Case of grabbing the bag and legging to the exit. True what you say BC,it is alot of money but if i die tomorrow a jar of money won't help me. Live for today for one day tomorrow will never come. Or something like that. Confused                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8750 seconds. There are 751 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption