Have any BM'rs managed to "quit"...

102 Posts | Latest reply on 04/10/2009 13:04:51 by Roaring Ruby | Go to original / last post
dave23's Profile
dave23

In: Cardiff
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I salute you.. I tried loads of times but failed miserably  but the tabs done the trick - long may it last.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Congratulations Dave, well done Thumbs Up and all those who have managed to quit smoking the hard way, I take my hat off to you, well I would if I wore one Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york

Glad for all the feedback , personally i still know that i enjoy it too much at this point in my life to try now but where theres smoke theres fire *pardon the pun* i mean i'm at least thinking about it now! mostly for the health and finance reasons..in SA we had smoking sections in all pubs and restuarants but i think thats gonna come to an end soon , lots of pubs also became clubs so to say to get around the law..
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe

exc I haven't quit but i've managed to find a way of cutting down by telling everybody lies!!

My two youngest sons think I stopped at xmas and i've told them they can have a 100 quid each if either of them see me lighting up and everybody at work thinks i've stopped too!

It means I can't/don't smoke around my kids as I don't want them smoking when they're older and I can't smoke at work unless i'm out somewhere so my consumptions gone down from 40 a day to less than 20 and I can now go all day without a ciggy and i'm not pulling me hair out. I'm sure it'll only be a matter of time before I quit altogether but at the mo I still enjoy them too much!! Big smile

excalibur's Profile
excalibur

Rusty i hope none of your mates/employees at work are on this site and hide the lappy from the kids lol , but thats deffo one way of cutting down. I think i'll give Dave's Zyban a try but 1st work on getting my mind right ,i hate the idea of not being in control of this habit!
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

RK mmmmmmmmm i think i can feel a mint choc chip ice cream bribe coming on here lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Shocked Now Jackie that's just wicked....         ...get me a 99 wiv all the trimmins yea? Wink   LOL                                                                                                                                                                               
dave23's Profile
dave23

In: Cardiff

Rusty mate, think you should have kept quiet about that one!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

Have I exposed myself to bribery and god knows what here LOL

exc there's no point in even trying to quit as by using the term 'trying' is acceptance of failure and control and habit are also complete contradictions (not being a smart arse, you think about it). Zyban only works if you expect to quit for real i've tried it twice and the new drug (forget the name) and topped it off with 130 quid worth of hypnosis for 2 hours and couldn't wait to light up as soon as I got in the car!!  I've whitied with two patches on at once and made myself ill with the gum. Enjoy your fags until it bothers you that much you'll quit of your own accord as many others do Thumbs Up

Aah time for another fag, lovely!! Wink

Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

RK would like a flake in mine as well (cheers Kwak lol)                                                                                                                                                                              
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

Bj and kwak you'll be getting a flake in summat in a minute! AngryLOL                                                                                                                                                                              
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull

hmmmmmmmm Rusty dear, 100 smackers (each)for the boys if they see you lighting up.......,  I also have your MD's number now.............first name terms too.......Evil Smile    I require a full fur brushing (dailyEmbarrassed) and nuts replenishing for my winter store, such a teeny tiny price to pay for your secret to stay a secret...... mwahhLOLxx                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

Nut I think you've finally joined the 'lost it' club with BJ n Kwak! Tongue

Not very experienced at brushing squirrels but i'm sure I could get the hang of it with a little 'training' and as for nuts well what's mine is yours of course! Wink

Now back to thread, where did i put me fags? Dead

Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

I've never had it LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

RK you brought this upon yourself mate..i hope you have more than two nuts and a brush lmao..                                                                                                                                                                             
Throttle Jockey's Profile
Throttle Jockey

In: Loughborough

I gave up a 40 a day habbit about 3 years ago. I got on to my doctor and was prescribed Zyban (not sure if this is the correct spelling) I had been smoking for 26 years of my 39 and it took exactly 4 weeks for me to be completely smoker free. To this day I jhave never touched one - you need to want to do it and with the help of these tablets it is possible.   I also stopped biting my nails as well LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

think he's shelling nuts as we type excalibur............LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

Yeah , his normally quick on the uptake Nuts...surely gone to find a nice brush lol                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

You're right exc I have, omg what have I done Shocked It's not the size of the brush it's what you do with it that counts tho mateThumbs Up Wink

TJ well done that's an achievement alright Clap you got any left over cigs for me n exc then? LOL

Nut you wish! Wink

Throttle Jockey's Profile
Throttle Jockey

In: Loughborough

Sorry mate all thrown away LOL - never want to see another fag in my hand ever again :-) good luck to you if you take up the challenge and quit - infact do it on line and we can all help you through - good luck again Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8594 seconds. There are 707 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption