Mega Mileages

29 Posts | Latest reply on 22/09/2009 23:46:58 by micksaway | Go to original / last post
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Even though i've been ridin for 30 years i don't think i've really done that many miles. Did in the earlier years when in the RAF as it was my only form of transport.  For nearly eight years i was in Saudi only got used rarely. My ten years of marriage put the kybosh on it as well. too much DIY. Thats a warning to any bloke on here thinking of tying the knot or shacking up.  It will be unhealthy to your biking time!Thumbs Down  My hips have been the main reason lately why i don't travel far. hopefully now i have two new ones that might change. As for ridin abroad. I never learned another language and don't like shouting at forigners.  i couldn't even guess at a mileage It's not why i ride.                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

"do u have kids Geoff??"   Not any more.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

where are they then????                                                                                                                                                                              
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

I guess they're still with their Mother.                                                                                                                                                                             
micksaway's Profile
micksaway

In: Weymouth

They def are a tie. but in a good way. Sounds like you have a good balance Ian. Im lucky I can sort time to get away and enjoy some miles away in europe. Few more years and will be taking my boy along.   As for miles no idea to many to remember but memories are will last a life time                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

When i went to stormin via nottingham I clocked up over 900 miles over the entire weekend..........Mind you living in Aberdeen means that we have to travel hundreds of miles just to get to events.                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

"Like your Style Geoff Tis a lucky few that can just drop it all and take off. Great if you can do it."   LOL Well, I suppose there was a time Mick, long before I was married etc.  But those days are no more.  Now, work committments, finances etc get in the way of just "dropping things" and going.   But yes, there was a time when I was young and still living at home when I used to keep a bag packed ready to throw on the back of the bike on a Friday evening if the weather was going to be good.   Ahh, youth!                                                                                                                                                                             
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york

Youth, i never want that back again, all those responsibilities! lmao                                                                                                                                                                              
micksaway's Profile
micksaway

In: Weymouth

I have it the other way Geoff. lot freer now so tend to take off at drop of hat. Problem is my mates work 9 to 5 so cant always get away                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6094 seconds. There are 1350 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption