Mass biking trip

83 Posts | Latest reply on 02/10/2009 21:38:17 by pondlife | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Just wondered if anyone on here had ever thought of organising a trip away for a few days.Sort of mass invasion of whatever place we choose.I fancy a 5 day tour of Ireland,stopping in hostels etc to keep the price down.Maybe April,May time next year.Thought i would gauge the interest now and it also gives people time to get some money together. Thumbs Up or possibly Thumbs Down                                                                                                                                                                             
limeninja9's Profile
limeninja9

In: Liverpool

Like the sound of it matey. Not been to Ireland yet so it should be good. How about when one of the road races is on too???                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe

I'd deffo be up for this Jock and quite happy to do tent or hostel Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
69% Karma69% Karma 69% Karma69% Karma

Keep in mind if ya go when a race is on accommodation may be difficult to secure, you have to book well in advance, especially  as most Brits are holidaying at home, unless the economy improves by next year and they go abroad again.(Lucky devils)                                                                                                                                                                                 
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

April (early) sounds good to me. Anyone else want different dates then stick them on this thread and i will get a general idea.Might be worth getting a few peoples thoughts first then arranging a meet to sort out the final details.Better to book the ferry etc in the next couple of months to get the     best discounts.Hostels,camping no worries for me lets see who is interested and when they think it should happen and go for it.Not the 14-17th of May please as i`ve just arranged to go to Le Mans for the GP. Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
limeninja9's Profile
limeninja9

If anyone wants to go around a race meet,,, we don't have to stay anywhere near it,,, just turn up on the day if we want.

What dates are they????

(oh,, google it tomorrow!! tired!)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

An ammendment to my last post.It doesnt have to be Ireland,that was just my thoughts.I would be just as happy to do the highlands or some other place if that is what the rest of you decide.I do like the trip to Skye though if its to be in this country. Embarrassed                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
61% Karma61% Karma 61% Karma61% Karma

I'm going to the Alps next year if anyone is interested                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Can i just put my order for pressies in now then please lol                                                                                                                                                                              
limeninja9's Profile
limeninja9

No!! Wanna go Ireland!!!

How about NW200???

May - bit warmer. Start or finish NI for the race (obligatory - don't all have to go) and tour Eire before/after????

Perleasseee can we can we can we can we can we can we can we can we can we can we can we can we can we can we can we can we can we can we can we can we can we can we can we can we?????

limeninja9's Profile
limeninja9

And a chance to meet our very lovely Irish BM buddies.

What more could you want??????                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

Didn't know there was any members in Ireland lime but i've been thinking about it for a few months as i've never been, especially on a bike and April is fine for me although June might be a bit warmer Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

In: West Yorks

May and Sept are usually very good months weather wise in Ireland....rather like over here these days.   Will have to see what develops on this before making any decisions.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

not for me this one.........call me unsociable but would rather do ireland for the first time with my lady....                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

Ian I think the threads asking who might be interested, not whose not interested, now get back to work! LOL

prof's Profile
prof

In: Bradford
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

September has the Quay Vipers Snakebite rally which is well regarded, they are certainly a sociable bunch who turn up at lots of rallys this side of the water                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Prof are you allowed out of the country lol                                                                                                                                                                             
limeninja9's Profile
limeninja9

BJ - are you allowed IN the country...

Hee hee.

Jock - NW 200 is 9th to 16th May 2010 - no good for you unless you want to come straight from Le mans???

Anyone that wants the races (me) can meet up after and do a tour of Eire???

Can we make the distinction - NI is Northern Ireland and Eire Souther,,, just so we all talk the same thing.
prof's Profile
prof

In: Bradford
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

I never worry about leaving the country BJ it's the getting back in....                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

I'd just like to go to Ireland, North, south, East, West it's all the same to me, will watch the thread to see what develops and get my name down once it's all finalised Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 1.0313 seconds. There are 1532 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption