RIP Patrick Swayze

26 Posts | Latest reply on 16/09/2009 16:26:44 by Brummie Jackie | Go to original / last post
cissystar650's Profile
cissystar650

In: Hook
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Was shocked to hear first thing that Patrick Swayze, aged 57, died last night of pancreatic cancer.   I know that as a 'biker' it probably shouldn't bother me, but I doubt I will ever forget his amzing performances in Dirty Dancing and Ghost.   He was only diagnosed in January... and he continued to work and fight. A fine example of a man.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

2 films I'd gladly pay never to have to sit through again...

But that's not to detract from this indiscriminate bastard disease making off with yet another victim.

RIP Mr Swayze.

cissystar650's Profile
cissystar650

In: Hook

Yeah ... I was young and impressionable when I saw them! Then I went through a revival when my daughter got a copy of Dirty Dancing! Some films just never go away!                                                                                                                                                                                 
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull

I remember years ago, my 6 year old cousin Katy watching Dirty Dancing on a video after it came out,  and being mortified my 'cool' aunt would let her LOL   Anyway doesnt matter if your a biker, granny, chav, punk, child, someones death affects us all in some way, he's left his wife, kids, maybe grandkids, to a disgusting Censored disease, which according to tv earlier, he fought all the way, and didnt want to die.  I was shocked by how the disease had ravaged his once good looks, but no matter what pain he was in, he still carried on working/acting.  He is a fine example to us all to carry on whatever life throws at you, and not feel sorry for himself, tho no one knows what he was like in private.   RIP Patrick Swayze                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

RIP Patrick Swayze my thoughts and best wishes go to his family and friends                                                                                                                                                                             
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

In: Hull
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

A true man's man as well as being a ladies man "played the sex symbol and the villan with equal virve" never "played it safe" with taking roles that would make lesser men hide behind their "status". Allways came accross as a true gent who did not think he was anything special or that he should be treated any differant to his fellow man. R.I.P Patrick
witchiest's Profile
witchiest

In: hinckley

strangly listening to dirty dancing soundtrack at the mo...and didnt even realise he had passed away today..i knew i musta put it on for a reason...dancing around the room doing housework and remembering the film which still makes me smile...what a girly! 
moonstone's Profile
moonstone

In: Redditch
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

I loved his films and his sex appeal. I also respect his long term happy marriage 34 years. His wife and family must be gutted. Thinking fo them and thank Mr Swayze for entertaining me on occasions as I am not a great film buff.   RIP.                                                                                                                                                                              
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york

RIP much respect for a fine actor and decent man.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

He was such a wonderful dancer, I liked him in "the north and the south" and that film" ripcurl" i think it was called??                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

Don't remember a "Ripcurl".... but do remember "Point Break"? Sounds like maybe the movie you're thinking of LC - the surfing one?

Good flick if I'm thinking of the same one.

geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

A very good flick.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

oh yes, silly me!!!Embarrassed                                                                                                                                                                             
witchiest's Profile
witchiest

In: hinckley

bet they will be all back on again soon...Smile                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

"ghost" was lovely, that potters wheel!    sighEmbarrassed                                                                                                                                                                             
bikerchick1966's Profile
bikerchick1966

In: Derby

RIP Patrick ...I was shocked to hear the news this morning...taken from this earth plane far too young! My thoughts are with his wife and family at this terrible time ...

I enjoyed Ghost and other films he was in ....he will be sorely missed....
dunans's Profile
dunans

In: southport

i thought roadhouse was his best
rip

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

rip patrick second dunans, roadhouse def brill especially good soundtrack                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

RIP  fella...................LC we did the ghost scene with the washing up on sat !!!!!!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I know hunEmbarrassed sigh xHeart                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7031 seconds. There are 810 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption