Crap gear!

43 Posts | Latest reply on 18/03/2010 22:24:49 by babyharley | Go to original / last post
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I'm not sure if there's already a thread to warn people about sh*te equipment but I bought a pair of Oxford Bone Dry bike boots less than 3 months ago and at £80 wasn't expecting much but a zip has snapped and the left sole has broken in half inside the boot and its worn so thin I can feel everything through it. The waterproof covering on the flexible parts is also peeling off! I expected to get 12 months out of them at least but there's no chance of that.

Avoid them like the plague Thumbs Up

Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

Oh I seeeeeee... I thought this was a thread about which gear you don't really like. I reckon it's 3rd... although I'm prepared to stand corrected.

*exits thread*

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

thats cause of your hoof rot buddy lmao                                                                                                                                                                             
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

In: Hull
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

Oxford Bone Dry bike boots I bought mine for £25 from Busters stand at the BMF tailender! Do not ware them often I must admit but at £25 I thought they were a bit of a bagin for the odd time I use them (tend to just ware Gortex Element II work boots to ride in most weathers and distances) they are not a cheap boot £100 was the last pair I bought (reduced to £32 in the clearance sale at Arco in Hull) Steel toecaps and steel inner sole a very comphy and light weight boot I ware all weekend at rallies!
micksaway's Profile
micksaway

In: Weymouth

My friend Rach got Dry As Bone over trousers couple of weeks back took them back after it rained She would have been better off with a bin bag. To make it worse I had borrowed her old ones and was dry                                                                                                                                                                              
prof's Profile
prof

In: Bradford
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

<smug> Altberg wearers have warm, comfy,  DRY feet<\smug> not particularly stylish or cheap but will probably outlast me.                                                                                                                                                                             
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york

I wear size 10 and in June fitted 2 pairs in bikeshop in Norton close to Emzeds where i had the Daytona mot'd ...both pairs @ 79 quid each split on the zip in the shop , they were the same make different styles , i unfortunately dont recall the make but decided not to try any others , the owner said he was glad it happened in his shop and would return the rest to his supplier as it was new stock....at Hein Gericke in York i bought a pair of lace ups "Sheltex Bullson" @69-00 very satisfied now , and they do keep my feet dry ! Oxfords have quality bike luggage , saddlebags etc would'nt try their other kit now though ...thanx RK good topic
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I bought a bone dry oversuit £39 in Argos after my Hein Gericke cullender pished in,knacked my phone and soaked me to the skin.Good piece of kit (the suit,not the Gericke jacket) Unhappy Alpinestars SMX water resistant boots !!! Dont know who determined the level of resistance but a teaspoon an hour doesnt cut it for me at that price.They fookin squeak an all. Confused                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i third third gear not very good............oh biker gear...........ooops                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

Third gear is ace!  Almost as much acceleration as second and almost as fast as fourth.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

well to be honest all my gears are ace....pulls like a steam train in each and every one .......lmao                                                                                                                                                                             
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

more like a monorail jap bullet Ian lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

its can go really fast....70mph officer!!!!!!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I bought a pair of waterproof gloves to travel down to stormin........100% waterproof all over them and my hands were soaked before i reached Dundee.......Conning b*****s                                                                                                                                                                             
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

surgical rubbers inside of biker gloves used to help , but will cause slight sweating , hand shields and heated grips are the answer i'd say .                                                                                                                                                                             
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

In: Hull
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

Only ever had 1 pair of gloves that were 100% water proof (Hien Gerricks own make! Gortex but lost em outside the bank in March Cry But they were bloody good while I had em!                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

I actually dip my hands in a bucket of water before I go out in the rain, that way I can wear any pair of gloves I want.                                                                                                                                                                             
prof's Profile
prof

In: Bradford
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

I am still disturbed by the image of Excalibur sweating in rubber,  I may never sleep again                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

I'm not disturbed by it Prof intrigued maybe .............                                                                                                                                                                              
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

do you sleep in a diving suit Prof ? lol leather wont keep your hands dry on a long ride in rain , i had a pair of "Wolfs" i think the name was and the 1st hard rain i'd used them my hands were covered in black dye ...decent gloves apart from that.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6875 seconds. There are 1107 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption