That motorbike smell

40 Posts | Latest reply on 11/09/2009 15:48:38 by Wills | Go to original / last post
prof's Profile
prof

In: Bradford
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

I kept my hands in my pockets, by the standards of the times that was personal protective equipment                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

prof that's a great memory!

About the same age I remember my Dad firing up his Triumph in the yard, back fire, flames, sh*t mesell, ran a mile and put me off bikes till I was 13 LOL

excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york

Hi Rusty ...glad your'e back , yeah the good ole days its in your blood now and your'e hooked lol                                                                                                                                                                             
pondlife's Profile
pondlife

In: Bristol

Bel-Ray two stroke always did it for me,my mate always ran his DT175 on it and I always tried to follow him for the distinctive smell!   As for garages and sheds,it's the mixture of 3 in 1 oil,wd 40,paint and paint thinners and of course creosotethat does it,not to mention Duckhams 20/w50                                                                                                                                                                             
prof's Profile
prof

I love the smell of aromatic hydrocarbons in the morning                                                                                                                                                                             
babyharley's Profile
babyharley

In: Nottingham
10% Karma10% Karma 10% Karma10% Karma

he he fancy expensive perfumes and aftershaves a waste of time for bikers then................just dab on some 3 in 1, creosote and some Castrol R on and jobs a good un pmsl!!! (not sure how the skin will react though.............that's if it leaves any on to worry about !!)LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

I believe that is the mixture David Dickinson uses...                                                                                                                                                                             
prof's Profile
prof

Just leave out the petrol BH, I once overfilled my Zippo and discovered when I took my jeans off a six inch patch of my skin went with them.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

ouch!                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate

i just love that smell!! got a different wiff entirely when the old superdream went into the garage,smells so different to the cbf, love the smell of the bike shop too but thats different again.When i went into the suzuki dealers to enquire about doing the cbt i hadn`t been into a bike shop for 20yrs.I was in two minds about giving it a go or not but one wiff and if felt like i was back home, think the honda dealers smells different and there seemed to be no smell at all in the triumph dealers
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

*no smell at all in the triumph dealers*

You need a bike that runs to create that smell julie, you won't find one of those in a Triumph dealership LOL

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

oi!!!! I love my Daytona :P                                                                                                                                                                             
bikerchick1966's Profile
bikerchick1966

In: Derby

I thought I would love a Daytona til I rode one LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

omg leave my daytona alone!!!! :)                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

Its ok SS someone has to like em, lovely lookin bike but anything made in Britain........nuff said LOL                                                                                                                                                                              
prof's Profile
prof

I see national pride is alive and well in County Durham then                                                                                                                                                                             
pondlife's Profile
pondlife

In: Bristol

he's obviously a looney!                                                                                                                                                                             
prof's Profile
prof

True, a singular failure to appreciate a gentlemans sporty conveyance why the blighter probably doesn't even doff his cap when being overtaken by a superior vehicle!!                                                                                                                                                                             
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york

RK i thought we were mates lol , i like the sound and purr of my Daytona BUT i loved the roar of my v-max and hopefully will get one by next May .                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
73% Karma73% Karma 73% Karma73% Karma

It's the smell of cutting lubricant in a machine shop that does it for me. That and getting downwind of the local Indian restaurantThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8438 seconds. There are 1026 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption