BM Xmas Party

73 Posts | Latest reply on 10/09/2009 23:06:25 by RC | Go to original / last post
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Derby is not that far from Birmingham, can we not combine the 2?                                                                                                                                                                             
Cruiser gal's Profile
Cruiser gal

In: Tamworth
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

SV we have usually had a couple, RC organising one in Derby and me organising one in the Midlands, the more the merrier I say gives us a chance to get to at least one and meet friends old and new. BJ hope my post don't make you think I want to take over and organise one this way, it will be nice if someone else does it for a change, new ideas are always good. Keep up the good work gal.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

Well 2 is doable Dips ... so long as they are not one on Friday & one on the Sat LOL                                                                                                                                                                                 
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

aint derby kind of in the midlands anyway ??? ish ???                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

LOL  Morning Ian .... thats what I said lmao                                                                                                                                                                                 
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

seems silly having two seperate do's, but i suppose if folks cant make one day but can make the next...then it does make sense                                                                                                                                                                             
cissystar650's Profile
cissystar650

In: Hook

Can't make either! Way too far when I have to get babysitters who charge by the hour. Enjoy!                                                                                                                                                                             
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

In: West Yorks

I'm sure there will be quite a few xmas get togethers planned in the various regions, especially where local friendships have been made.                                                                                                                                                                                 
cissystar650's Profile
cissystar650

<<< doesn't do Christmas when the kids are away, which they are this year! Usually try and do the opposite to what everyone else is doing...oh hang on, I do that all the time anyway!LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

sounds good....more for me to go to lolThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

No, I'm not a christmassy person either. In fact...why are we talking about bloody xmas already!   I had a great xmas day last year - went out on little bike delivering a few xmas cards in the morning (interrupting folk flapping over the turkey!) and then in the afternoon went for a spirited ride (pillion) over woodhead and snake pass then home for a pizza - twas a grand day out.   The year before was probably the most traditional xmas in a long time, proper xmas dinner, all the family round etc and it was a lovely day too but a lot more work.   I refuse to talk about or make xmas plans for this year though - it's tooooo early! LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
cissystar650's Profile
cissystar650

Agrees Rach. Its way too early.   I don't send Christmas cards at all, and all my family and friends know that now, so I don't get any either thankfully. Overrated, expensive and unecessary (in my opinion). Whenever I don't have the kids, I get a lot of pressure to parttake in someone elses Christmas...but I side step and avoid them.   Year before last I went to Hengistbury Head down on the South Coast on the bike, and just sat in peace and quiet...was lovely!                                                                                                                                                                             
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

I agree regarding cards but do send a few, depends on if I can be bothered and generally, I can't be too bothered around xmas.   I do think they are overrated, over priced etc and will never be the person writing out 100s of cards, I don't know that many poeple for starters and I don't believe in sending a card just for sending a card's sake.   Bah humbug!                                                                                                                                                                              
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

I usually make cards for close family and that's it.

The membership of this site stretches over a huge geographical area and with the best will in the world, you're not going to get members travelling from all points in the country to 1 single Xmas do, so you should have as many as you like and wherever you fancy.

December's a real busy month workwise plus your own preparations for whatever you do at Xmas/Solstice/New Year and with lots of "dos" that you're "expected" to attend, it turns out to be an expensive month, so most folk tend to stick to local stuff.

Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

I love Christmas, its one of the few times that the whole family makes the time to get together & talk to eachother, its a time when no matter how old you are you get to be 3 again.   Cissy I do know what you mean tho I used to have the same when my kids were away at Christmas, but it ment we had a 2nd Christmas when they got home (usually way over the top too ) Thumbs Up   As in past years Ian & I will prob end up having 2 lots, yes lots of work, 2 full on dinners etc but as we cannot fit all the members of both families round the table at one time it has to be done LOL   Christmas also holds dear memories for me of my gran who passed away a couple of years ago, as it was her birthday.   So sorry those who 'dont do' Christmas, I do & in a big way & it will not be to annoy anyone its just me being a big kid, ok ok Mr_P I hear ya ... a bigger kid !! (as those who have seen facebook can see) Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

I've had a few too many Xmas dinners recently gathered around hospital beds! LOL It's somehow just not quite the same, balancing your Xmas dinner plate on your lap, with the smell of hospital in your nose... still, we've always managed to smuggle in a drop of vino to those incarcerated... even had my ex's Dad imbibing a glass of red while in the ICU Big smile

I once did a Vicar of Dibley style Xmas with 3 dinners in one day... ye gads! Never again! LOL

But there's nothing wrong with "doing" or "not doing" Xmas - whatever floats yer boat, so no apologies Shell!

cissystar650's Profile
cissystar650

Agrees... like everything, there is no 'right' or 'wrong' so no need to apologise. Just cos I don't do Christmas doesn't mean I get upset cos others do!     I won't do a second Christmas when they get home... I am glad to have avoided it!                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

I guess a lot of it with me is because I was raised in the Army, so Christmas was one of the few times dad was guaranteed to be home to celebrate, I lost count of how many birthdays were just me & mom.                                                                                                                                                                             
babyharley's Profile
babyharley

In: Nottingham
10% Karma10% Karma 10% Karma10% Karma

Well Xmas a funny old time for alot of ppl - appears to make things feel so much worse for alot of ppl e.g. reminder of bad/sad memories, loss of loved ones, break ups, financial stress or even just the pressure of having ppl round your table you wouldnt usually have!!!! Its only one day though, soon comes and goes, used to be a sad time for me and mine too since loss of family, husband etc etc but now, Ive insisted we make it a positive and "our" time together by spending it exactly as we want to without the usual pressures..............last year, we all just chilled, relaxed at home and did precious little, nice bike ride in the afternoon to get out ........it was great! Partied all New Year with family in London - finished it off nicely.  This year, no definate plans yet (although count me in for Derby bash as last year - it was lovely to meet those of you who went) will just do as please with family again..............and New Year, partying again only north not south this time should just about be the icing on the cake.  Christmas can be just what you want it to be, and that way, it's much more fun and easier to cope with!!!! See you all at the Derby bash.........but yeah, still feels too early to make plans, although I guess it isnt really!Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
cissystar650's Profile
cissystar650

True BH....   Christmas' growing up were always, without fail, terrible. It doesn't take an expert to work out why I avoid them now. Even more bizarre is succumbing to the parental invite for Christmas, which (against my better judgement) I did last year with the children. It was still awful! And I was on edge the whole time.   Me and the kids do our own thing from now on when they are here, and we are making our own Happy Christmas Memories!                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6719 seconds. There are 566 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption