Anti-Motorcycle Noise Pollution

17 Posts | Latest reply on 07/09/2009 23:54:52 by bikerchick1966 | Go to original / last post
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Just found this site, what a wonderful piece of disinformation:   lomies.co.uk   Some nuggets of information from the site:   The sound of a thundering exhaust can be heard across a wide spread area, particularly a valley in the countryside. The vibrations caused, can travel through the walls of houses, vibrating the floors and windows. Unfortunately the noise created by this growing hobby is adversely affecting millions of people all over Britain   Motorcycle noise pollution is becoming a more wide spread problem in and around rural areas of Britain. It seems that there is an increasing trend happening, in particular by many middle-aged hobby riders who are buying powerful bikes to relive their youthful years. The current EU sound level for motorcycle exhausts is 80dB.  However, most of the motorcycles that have been monitored in these rural areas have exceeded 100dB, this being the same dB level as a jet on take off. A recent case revealed that a doctor living on a road frequented by bikers, and after working a late shift at the hospital, was being so severely affected by bike noise that she felt her performance on her next shift was negatively altered.  If this doctor happened to make a mistake, let’s say on a motorcyclist that had been in an accident, I am sure that the injured party and their family would not be happy.   Maybe bikers can’t imagine that the roar of their engines would affect the resting habits of young children, but they do. Maybe they are just unaware that a noise level of 100dB is enough to terrify an elderly member of the public walking along the road into having a heart attack.  Or perhaps they just don’t care – I hope not.   There is absolutely no reason for motorcycles to be noisy any more than a bicycle.   In fact a noisy motorcycle puts other road users at risk as the driver of the motorcycle cannot hear others i.e. emergency vehicles, pedestrians, cyclists etc.   But this activity (hobby) is not only creating unacceptable sound levels for every area that they and their other biker buddies drive through, but also it is creating unnecessary air pollution.   That brings up the subject of motorcycle cafes, not places that motorcyclists have adopted as a place to meet, but an establishment that is specifically targeting the biker community as their means of income.  It is local government that should be preventing this type of establishment from opening up because of the enormous effect that it has on the well being of local residents, the noise driving many people out of there homes at weekends.                                                                                                                                                                             
moonstone's Profile
moonstone

In: Redditch
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

They wont like my ring tone then. LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

Just done a WHOIS search on the website owner... I reckon a Mr J. Rawlings must live somewhere near Loomies, don't you?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

whats wrong with there people                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

oh my God, some people are unbelievable.   Though I can't condone any visit to Mr J Rawling  Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
cissystar650's Profile
cissystar650

In: Hook

That'll be my bike he's complaining about then! The expression "Tosser" comes to mind...   I live in a rural village in uptight, upper middle class Hampshire... there's only two bikers here, and me and him often ride out together... always to 'tuts' and disapproving stares from the polyester brigade! We call 'em "brittle".... sums them up nicely!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Biggest load of crap i've read in a long time.                                                                                                                                                                             
cissystar650's Profile
cissystar650

In: Hook

I agree! (also hope to bump in to Mr Rawling when I next go to Loomies!!)                                                                                                                                                                             
UKHarleyRider's Profile
UKHarleyRider

In: manchester
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

Well peeps i have to say my bike is very loud and i like it so all i can say is.....

LOUD EXHAUST SAVES LIVES... FACT

Cataraptor's Profile
Cataraptor

In: Redditch

What planet is this monkey from?                                                                                                                                                                              
Dragon13's Profile
Dragon13

In: Billingshurst

Unbelievable............... and as to getting the governmant to prevent anyone setting up a cafe aimed specifically at bikers...................Shocked                                                                                                                                                                              
prof's Profile
prof

In: Bradford
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

Probably a caravanner                                                                                                                                                                             
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york

he must be a very bored person..i'll bet if its not the bikers case he has a go at he WILL find something else to bitch about !! get a life ffs.                                                                                                                                                                             
micksaway's Profile
micksaway

In: Weymouth

Everybody has a right to speak and voice there opinion.   Unfortunately some people use that right to talk complete Bollocks.   With shite like that he could get a job with the Sun or become a political figure                                                                                                                                                                                 
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Well, what can you expect from someone on that site...loonies.co.ukWacko                                                                                                                                                                             
Retrowheely's Profile
Retrowheely

In: Swindon

Do i have the wright to ask the council to up notices for all the loud people who go past my house, to Be Quite, when im asleep having worked nights????   Think i know the answer!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
bikerchick1966's Profile
bikerchick1966

In: Derby

Think we all do Mark!                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 1.0156 seconds. There are 1019 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption