Festival Flag Ban

8 Posts | Latest reply on 02/09/2009 19:34:40 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
84% Karma84% Karma 84% Karma84% Karma

Music fans will be banned from taking flags to this weekend's Reading and Leeds festivals, with Glastonbury considering the ban next year.   Tall flags are commonplace in front of stages at many UK festivals.   Reading and Leeds boss and Glastonbury operations director Melvin Benn said they were a 'nightmare' because they blocked the view for many fans.   He said 'the people behind them ~ not immediately behind them but 20 or 30 rows behind them ~ can't see'.   I wonder how the flag sellers will make up their lost income?                                                                                                                                                                                   
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Well if the flags are stopping people seeing who've paid good money, tough! Maybe they can make silk pyjamas instead Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
moonstone's Profile
moonstone

In: Redditch
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

Good so they should be banned   Quick someone put the flags out! Opps best not! Thumbs Down                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
84% Karma84% Karma 84% Karma84% Karma

Rusty I was being sarcastic lol   LOL @ moonstone's comment                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

I have to agree on the ban.   I was watching Gladsonbury this year& some of the distance camera shots all you could see were banners & flags on poles, not the band that was on stage.   Its hard enough to see the band from a distance without having that in the way                                                                                                                                                                              
petervalk's Profile
petervalk

In: leic

I have to agree with SV being a short arse it stops me going to watch bands, coz i carn't see owt.   put them up near your tent and go watch the show and ban them from the arena.   bet I would end up stud behind a group of big peeps anyway lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
87% Karma87% Karma 87% Karma87% Karma

Does that mean i best not hang me underwear out at Ure Welcome Rally incase people think its a banner and i get told off !!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

The only reason I have ever taken a flag to somewhere, is to put up near my tent so I can find it again!   Its a god send at Stormin or Farmyard lol                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3594 seconds. There are 1191 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption