What is the solution?

51 Posts | Latest reply on 23/08/2009 15:56:24 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Reading the posts about bringing back the death penalty and reclaiming Wales made me think why do we keep having elections and voting in a political party that promises everything and delivers the opposite?   When anyone complains about the government someone will  say 'what do you suggest we do to improve on it?'   So these are my questions...   What do YOU suggest we can do to make our country better?   If we don't have elected parties what would replace them?                                                                                                                                                                                 
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

KWAK FOR PRIME MINISTER                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

LOL I was hoping for suggestions that would IMPROVE our lot not make it worse.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

no i am on a mission now kwak.......just sorting flyers out                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

Automatic disqualification from standing for Parliament to anyone who actually expresses a desire for a career in politics Wink

Nah seriously though - we ain't so badly done by. I'd get rid of about 90% of the sodding cameras though. We're the most photographed/filmed population in the world. Has it reduced crime? Has it heckaslike.

Oh but NOW we can say "Oh look. The bloke what beat you up & robbed you is kinda grainy in appearance and wearing erm... well it's all a bit grey on this screen. Yeah. Grey hoodie and jeans."

Wink

Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

In: Hull
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

All elected parties will let some people down eventualy it's only a matter of time............   Their problems stem from differences in Class (Tories looking out for their richer friends, Labour trying to undo the Tories "mates rates politics", and putting on the face of the "working man/classes" and the liberals getting splinters sat on the fence trying not to offend anybody but just coming accross as wishy washy in the real world) and the blaime culture each "new govt" use to justify their particular problem.   Instead of blaiming the last lot just own the problem and solve it!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

Labour's doing a fair bit of looking out for their richer friends too. The whole "Cash for Honours" farce has taken place under a Labour Govt Wink

Party of the working class my big fat bottom! LOL

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i think most of the parties have a few good ideas, why cant they all get together, the public vote on accepted policies and we all live happily ever after ???                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

LOL Ian and Wannabe   Nicely put Hull   (I posted this after Hull's post)                                                                                                                                                                               
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

That's why I put that in Wannabe   putting on the face of the "working man/classes"                                                                                                                                                                                 
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

Anarchy and a complete breakdown in society is the only answer...   *goes out to garage and puts finising touches to Mad Max stylee Interceptor*   Let's roll.......                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Anarchy and a complete breakdown in society is the only answer...   What, ya mean like on B M sometimes? lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

How about this for an Idea! Just roll over and let Europe decide all policies for Us as a satalite of "USA"   HELL YEH......................... LMAO                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Erm....                       ...nope             ...ta                                                                                                                                                                                     
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

O O if TC is goin Mad MAx stylee interceptors can i have a waterworld style jet ski thing pleaseeeeeeeee                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Bring in compulsory voting, then "we" as a nation would be responsible for whatever group of self serving twats get into power and not just the zealous party members (it would certainly make a lot of people think about how we are governed and by whom)   Responsibility shared means we can spread the blame when it goes up the creek.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Oo not for me ta Celticsilver, I don't wanna live in a dictatorship.   I don't wanna share the blame or apportion any I was hoping for an alternative to the useless and futile voting system we have now.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

As I see it, it doesnt matter who is 'in power', the country is still run by the civil service, who stay in the same jobs, doing the same things, with somebody different to take the blame when it all goes wrong. MP's expenses? Why has nothing been done about blatant fraud? Because nobody in public service wants to rock the boat and lose all their own cushy 'perks?'.  From police chiefs to Judges - Senior civil servants to tax inspectors(who should know better) they're all the same. SO, dont just look at our oversubscribed political parties, start at the top and work down, slashing outragious claims, evening up public vs private sector sick/maternity/holiday rights, . . . . . Just reading this back I think ill get off my soap box as I'll never get a ticket to Utopia!   Im off for a ride!                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

Never known a political party yet who has stuck to there election promises.  I dont think it matters who gets voted in, you will never please everybody and those with the power will always look after themselves and there own first.  Even at local level its who you know rather that what you know or your stance is.                                                                                                                                                                             
Phil's Profile
Phil

In: Liverpool

The system works perfectly well.   We live in a democratically elected dictatorship                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7822 seconds. There are 589 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption