Anyone off to Squires this evening? (19/08/09)

15 Posts | Latest reply on 20/08/2009 23:46:31 by Bikeabill | Go to original / last post
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

In: West Yorks
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

It's meant to be a glorious day today, is anyone hitting Sherburn this evening?   I'm out all day and don't know if I'll be back in time to go but if I am, I plan on popping up for brew and a natter.                                                                                                                                                                              
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

would lurve to!!.......if anyone from round here is going & can offer a pilly Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

awww....stella if i were closer.....bit too far for a weds evening                                                                                                                                                                             
nina's Profile
nina

In: Barnsley

i'm gonna be there Roachy .........                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

me too....                                                                                                                                                                              
nina's Profile
nina

lol  just started to pm u about it   lol  (kaz)                                                                                                                                                                              
Karey's Profile
Karey

haha..got it and replied Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

What a lovely evening for riding. Very nearly took the long way home, via Brid but got to get up for work in the morning, plus I'd already done over 150 miles in the car today.   Good to see everyone, BM and non BM alike.                                                                                                                                                                              
nina's Profile
nina

good to see u too hun   been a long time x                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

Was a good night, absolutely packed...and good to see you all. I nearly lost it on they way home tho, bit of a tank slap going round a right-hander!   It shook me up.. but I carried on. Think it was a bit of not concentrating and tiredness.   My back wheel felt slippy all the way home, so I was a bit wary.  Think my tyre pressures must have gone down ..they were on 9 and 11  when we went to Whitby... oooooops.. lol                                                                                                                                                                                 
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

Oooh Kaz, that doesn't sound good but hats off to you for carrying on. Not sice when something scares you like that.   I wonder if it could be your tyre pressures...I've got no idea if I'm talking out of my rearend here but shortly after getting the CBR, something caused me to have a short but violent shaking of the bars from side to side. No idea what caused it but at the time Geoff said I probably hit a stone but it turns out I had low tyre pressures too and that coupled with catching a stone, upset the bike.   Moral of the story = check your tyre pressures lass! Geoff has a hand operated pump which he says is designed for bicycles but is very accurate and goes up to 120psi or something like that and cost about £30. Perhaps wouldn't want to use it to inflate a tyre from flat but very good for checking your tyres and putting in a couple of pound (or whatever they call it, far too technical for me!). The CG's tyres used to regularly lose a couple of pound so needed keeping a close eye on.                                                                                                                                                                                   
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i try to remeber to check mine once a week, as i noticed it makes a huge difference to how both front and back end feels.                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

New version of what I use in the garage.  I have an electric pump as well that I can plug into the car's cigarette lighter, but this thing is actually quicker! Never timed it for a flat motorcycle tyre (I may try it over the weekend for a laugh), but it'll do a flat to 45psi wide mountain bike tyre in around a dozen pumps! Plus the gauge is very comparable to a pencil gauge.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

i am a lazy so and so, use my compressor                                                                                                                                                                              
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
61% Karma61% Karma 61% Karma61% Karma

You'r right about mountain bike pumps mine will blow new and second hand tyres out on the rims when i fit them and it does't take a lot of effort.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5781 seconds. There are 945 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption