Community speedwatch"be a hero"

8 Posts | Latest reply on 14/08/2009 21:23:25 by julie j | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

around our area the local ploice etc are encouraging the local community to "be a hero" re people sppeding through there villages, some time even them even being armed with having a speed gun, you dont get prosecuted just a warning letter through the post.   Now, am i getting this wrong, but i feel thid for once a really good idea, you get a letter warning you, that makes you sit up and think " yes i was tanking on a bit, i needed to get on biker match", i am sure we have all gone a little fast sometimes in our own villages/towns....but i feel its a good idea.......what does everyone else think                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Anything that stops speeding through residentail areas were especially young kids are vunerable has my vote.  As long as the rules and stuff were in open forum for all to see and understand.   Only concern would be that you always get at least one over zealous person joining these schemes.                                                                                                                                                                             
UKHarleyRider's Profile
UKHarleyRider

In: manchester
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

i dont speed in built up areas but i know where ur coming from ian,

i have 4 guys on quads round here and they r out all hours and because of the noise, and my bike being loud i am getting the blame,
or i was till i put the neighbours right,.
So yes mate u have my vote....
cissystar650's Profile
cissystar650

In: Hook

Actually don't speed through villages etc, simply because it winds me up so much here. There are a lot of kids about on the streets, and in particular one particular t*sser in a BMW insists on speeding down our street... so a scheme like this would be a good idea methinks!
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Your all right about speeding in built up areas especially when there are kids about but people need to know the consequences of these actions.Older folk may well believe they are doing the community a favour,which they are but the reality where i live would be a night time visit and a brick through the window.Unfortunatly parts of this town are locally called the broncs,even our local police (i cant call them law enforcement because unless its easy money for the coffers they dont !) fail to go there.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

we have a spoilt lad in our village, drives daddies high powered cars.......well he is probably in his 30,s......the only message he understood was being grabbed by the throat when he nearly hit our late grandmother...i am no thug and a big softy, but everyone has there limits
vinnie's Profile
vinnie

In: Harrogate

Looks like George Orwell got it right but was out by about 25 years.                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate

no good if youve got a bike hating vigilante on your street just give me a call, i`ll come and chase the buggers down, any volunteers for deputy duty?Wink                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4531 seconds. There are 575 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption