Biker or Not?

188 Posts | Latest reply on 18/08/2009 01:48:58 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

In: Weymouth
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

so we have romantic fools and spead freaks,now how about the wannabe intrepid traveller who thinks he's Ewen Mcregor on his sturdy metal panniered   BMW!! or the bloke who lives in the past on a restored Enfield,then the unwashed rat bike rider who couldnt give a toss about anything or anyone yu see him with ciggy dangling unshaven an wearing a nazi helmet and clothes the colour of used engine oil! then we have the 'mother hen' on a gold wing shepherding learners around the local industrial estates,an lets not forget the kids in hoodys an trainers buzzin around bikers one an all!!                                                                                                                                                                             
cissystar650's Profile
cissystar650

In: Hook

lol @ the unwashed rat bike rider! I didn't know that you had met my mate Pete! lolololol.....down to a Tee!   in no stretch of the imagination could I be classed as a mother hen, intrepid traveller or a kid! TM...you have to dream up a category for a female, tassle wearing, Pink freak, pink bike riding Cissy!   (Although I am a bit of a dreamer!)...   *almost ended up in Weymouth today by bloody accident, but don't tell TM*                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

well yu dipped out of a meal out then!!                                                                                                                                                                              
cissystar650's Profile
cissystar650

If I had had a way of contacting you I would have.... if only for some directions back to Hook! lololol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Just been catching up on this thread and see that we are non-conformist apparently. How exactly?                                                                                                                                                                             
punkdude's Profile
punkdude

In: hastings

TM how do you catergorise the giixer fighter / shovelhead / harley custom rider as i was a few years back used to do the tear arse thing on the gixer the shovelhead was my ride into the sunset bike when i had no need to be anywhere in a hurry and the harley custom was my runs/shows/distance bike i don't think you can judge by the bike what somebody is into                                                                                                                                                                              
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

In: york

Living by and sticking to your beliefs , accepting rejection with a smile and showing a middle finger to those who wish to ridicule and belittle you...basically just being who you are and making the best of it .                                                                                                                                                                              
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

jus avin a laugh really, as i agree with yu its difficult to slot people by there bike choice ! but lets say a dirty uncared for bike usually means a slobby owner!an visa veresa! the way someone rides can reflect there personality ie impatient careful etc!!
prof's Profile
prof

In: Bradford
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

Not true TM my bikes are always clean, lovingly polished and well maintained rather unlike their owner                                                                                                                                                                             
Roaring Ruby's Profile
Roaring Ruby

In: Cardiff

Im going to be riding carefully and in speed limit  with the odd fast start.Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

yeah but yu have a bath once a yr wether yu need it or not dontcha prof ?                                                                                                                                                                             
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

TM i've been to rallies where me and my bike fitted your description exactly after 3 days only splashing water on my face to wake up,some of the venues are not upto the goldwing riders standards you describe here ...but 1st on the list back home is a good scrub and change of threads,a hosedown and wipeover of the bike 2nd on list , i've seen some bikers get to a 3 day rally with only money in their pockets NOTHING else..sleep in daytime and rock the whole nite god knows how they do it though .lol
prof's Profile
prof

In: Bradford
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

Nay Tango, been as ow I'm a reet Tyke ah keeps mi coal in t'bath   Excalibur - it's a function of age mate, as a kid my rally kit was two bottles of scotch and a tarpaulin to drape over the bike as a tent in case of rain. These days its mountain tent, inflatable doss mat, winter weight sleeping bag, change of clothes, baby wipes, toothbrush and being a coffee addict a stove and espresso pot.                                                                                                                                                                             
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

yeah yeah Prof lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

what is this thread all about lmao ????                                                                                                                                                                             
cissystar650's Profile
cissystar650

Up until recently, my bike was, more often than not, filthy because I would rather be riding it than polishing it! Then, I woke to the joys of chrome polishing and my life was complete lol...now, in times of stress, I decamp to the garage with dusters and ipod, and do not come out for hours!   So now, bike and owner are squeeky clean!   wheres me dusters...I'm off to the garage!                                                                                                                                                                             
excalibur's Profile
excalibur

Prof , it seems your post was changed , and added onto, i also remember vaguely the early days but they're light yrs away , myself also need the away from home camping comforts now..the old bones dont appreciate wet and cold anymore ha ha                                                                                                                                                                              
cissystar650's Profile
cissystar650

Three man tent (just for meeeee!).... airbed, thick sleeping bag, pillow, change of clothes, toilet roll, toothbrush, baby wipes and coffe making equipment! All on my bike lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

Apparently (not my ideas !!!!)

You know your a biker when...

all your cars and trucks are parked outside because the garage is full
of bikes and parts.

you think woman are turned on by the sound of a bike starting.

you have a collection of air filters (10) but only one fits your current bike.

every shirt you own is cotton with something written on it.

you think that dressing up means putting on a brand new t-shirt and
jeans.

you have more riding boots than dress shoes.

you have three sets of tools metric, regular and those goofy british
things.

sunday is set aside for riding instead of watching sports on tv.

when your bike makes a funny ticking noise and you know right away what it is without even looking.

you don't even flinch when your hit by a bug when riding.

you can tell what bike it is just by hearing the exhaust.

someday you would like to find your first bike and restore it.

you shudder when you see some body tighten spokes with a cresent wrench.

the sides of your tires are worn more than the center.

you know how and when to use your front brake.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Isn't the front brake lever what the girlies use to rest their fingers on in order to dry their fingernails? Wink     *emmigrates*                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8594 seconds. There are 560 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption