Biker or Not?

188 Posts | Latest reply on 18/08/2009 01:48:58 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

In: West Yorks
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I know this had been discussed a few times before but during a discussion with a friend we came to the conclusion that there are those who are *bikers*, those who are *motorcyclists* and those who are *fake bikers*.   Just wondering if anyone else thinks there is such a thing as the fake biker and if so, what consitutes one?                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

A FEW times? LOL more like thousands.   I'm curious to know what are your definitions of *bikers* *motorcyclists* and *fake bikers*?     To me biker and motorcyclist are exactly the same thing, just a different word is all.   A biker / motorcyclist is one who rides a bike / motorcycle.   A fake biker? One who hasn't got a bike but pretends to have?                                                                                                                                                                               
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate

dont think im a biker, what is the definition?                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

doesnt biker suggest a certain lifestyle?                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
75% Karma75% Karma 75% Karma75% Karma

Yep. Two-wheeled transport. Everything else is an optional add-on.                                                                                                                                                                             
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

Yes, from previous discussions it seems to be a lifestyle thing over a mode of transport.   The fake biker seems to be the one that is subscribing to the lifestyle on a part time basis.   We have people here that consider themselves bikers even though they've never had a bike or only recently got one and we have those who have been riding motorbikes for years and years who don't consider themselves bikers at all.   I guess it's a very subjective thing...what is a biker which is why we were talking about it in the first place and why I thought I'd raise the subject of the fake or part-time biker and see what others thought.                                                                                                                                                                                 
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

The fake biker seems to be the one that is subscribing to the lifestyle on a part time basis.   What 'lifestyle'? I'm confused by this word in relation to folk who ride bikes. I live my life the same way with or without a bike to ride.                                                                                                                                                                                  
julie j's Profile
julie j

for me its people who prioritise their biking above most other things in life. my bike is for playing with at the weekends, so i dont consider myself to be a biker, its just a hobby.ido cross stitch in the winterLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

No Julie that's just a bike mad rider lol   I guess that by your definition I used to be a biker then, cos I rode all year round. I guess I'm a pedestrian cos I don't ride my own bike at all now.                                                                                                                                                                               
julie j's Profile
julie j

well if i said to anyone who was a biker that i was too then i would feel a fraud i know nothing about bikes have very little interest in them other than riding them. is it like all car drivers are motorists? I drive the car 6 days aweek so what am i? think im having an identity crisis!                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

is it like all car drivers are motorists? I drive the car 6 days aweek so what am i?  think im having an identity crisis!   It is to me. A motorist. LOL probably, like so many other bikers who drive or motorists who ride Wacko                                                                                                                                                                                
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

To me a biker is anyone who rides/loves bikes and will choose a bike over any other form of transport.A part time biker is someone equally happy on bike or in car.A pretend is someone who brags about the lifestyle but dosen't ride.   All a matter of personal interpretation of courseTongue                                                                                                                                                                             
Roachy's Profile
Roachy

I don't really know Kwak as I don't think of myself of a biker. I ride my bike and enjoy it in much the same way as I enjoy driving my car.   I think on a previous discussion I pinched TC's label/term and pronounced myself a bit of a petrolhead - but not a hardcore one of them either!                                                                                                                                                                               
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe

I think a true 'biker' has a beard for a start (women included) a leather waistcoat with at least one badge on and a T-shirt underneath with either the name of a rock band or a statement that could be described as 'crude' by the majority of the population! Even if there isn't a motorbike in sight you would still call them a biker just because of the way they look LOL That would suggest a biker refers to a style rather than ownership of any type of vehicle but that's only my opinion of course! Wink                                                                                                                                                                              
julie j's Profile
julie j

yes to cassie you are right there are fakes out there but its not very pc to admit it, i am def not a full time biker, i dont do the rally thing or go the whole hog but would def call my self a motorcyclist.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

That fixes it then!! It's offical, Rusty says so, I'm a  real biker (I shave my chin) LOL   Most pensioners have pink hair most bikers are short fat and bald and the men...welll...   LOL                                                                                                                                                                                 
julie j's Profile
julie j

well stop shavin kwak, or youll get downgraded                                                                                                                                                                             
RustyKnight's Profile
RustyKnight

In: Newton Aycliffe

Think you see my viewpoint kwak LOL I'm far too tall and clean shaven to be a 'biker' but I own a motorcycle so I guess I must be a car driver with a serious part time interest in motorcycles or is that a part time motorcyclist who has a serious full time interest in cars or maybe a fake 'biker' with a serious interest in cars or maybe just a bloke with a car and a bike or maybe a bike and a car! The only thing i'm sure of is I haven't got a leather waistcoat Wink Hope that clears things up for everyone Confused                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Downgraded from what, being a woman?  LOL   Rusty, WTH?!! You're seriously confused man lol                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

down graded to being a motorcyclistLOL think biker is a frame of mind.maybe. or not?

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6406 seconds. There are 573 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption